MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends.

Author
grayrobot
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/01/03 05:48:24 (permalink)

MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends.

Hello!

I bought Cakewalk MC 2 today and so far it's been a very intuitive process to get set up. But I keep encountering hurdles here and there that have ended up blocking me completely. I am really reaching my wits end so I will just post the details of what equipment I have, what steps I have tried and the results.

PC Spec:
Pentium 4 2.6ghz 1gb Ram
100gb HDD space
Used Seasound Solo EX
Used Delta 1010
Creative SB plat. Live!
Windows XP home (Fresh install)

My Goal:
To record Audio onto my computer from my keyboards/guitar/microphone. (analog source, basically)

My Problem:
When I add an Audio Track, then click on Track Properties, my device does not appear in the Input or the Output. Instead I see for input: -none- and for output: (wav symbol) A (). This is in spite of the fact that my device DOES show up in the Options / Audio / General Tab. I don't know why Cakewalk would see it in one spot, but not in another.

Here are the gory details (if I die before this message is done, tell them my story...)

First Attempt: Delta 1010

After installing the PCI card, hooking up the serial cable & power to the unit, my PC does not detect the new hardware on my system. This is both before and after installing the M Audio drivers & rebooting several times. Yes I have tried to do a progressive scan and manually point my system to the device, but I still get nothing. Without having the hardware detected on my system, of course Cakewalk didn't see it either and defaults to my Creative SB platinum Live! (Yuck!)

I have a second PC in my house (used as an MP3 server, since it's much weaker) - Also didn't see the Delta 1010. /cry I did email M Audio support and I hope that they will request a DX diag and tell me to rub a lamp or stand on one foot or something. I am desperate to get that expensive device working.

I realize this is a hardware problem, so I only tell this part of the story in case one of you has encountered this and can tell me that my 1010 isn't really b0rked, and I am just a knucklehead and simply doing something wrong. *prays*

Second Attempt: Seasound Solo EX

After installing the hardware, windows spotted it right away and was happy. I installed the latest XP drivers to get the solo working (version solowdm-5.10.3506.exe) and everything *appears* to be working properly. Then I installed Music Creator 2, and upon launching it ran the wave profiler diagnostic (as it should) and BAM! It found my seasound right away. Unfortunatly it hits me with the dialogue: "Audio Driver Error" The following Drivers either do not support the current audio format (blah blah)" then shows "Seasound Solo 1/2 - 9/10" in a list (I click use anyway) - then it ran the diagnostic.

Here's the odd thing: It says that my audio hardware was successfully profiled and then when I go to Audio Options, everything appears to be set up more or less correctly. I had to change a few drop downs but eventually it looks like this in:

Audio Options:
Playback Wave Device 2: Seasound Solo 3/4
Record Wave Device 1: Seasound Solo 1/2

On the Driver Profiles Tab it Shows Profile for:
Seasound Solo (6 in, 5 out)

Summary:
What am I doing wrong?
Is anyone out there Recording on Winxp Home with a Seasound Solo EX & Cakewalk Music Creator 2?
Has anyone set up a Delta 1010 and NOT had it immediatly detected by new hardware wizard?

Thanks so much for your time. I hope this hasn't been asked too often, I Searched & Lurked for a while but found nothing.

Cheers,
Mark

6 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends. 2006/01/03 20:59:22 (permalink)
    Most people do not use a delta 12010 with MC since it does not do multitrack input, I would suggest asking over at the sonar forum or the home studio forum, there are tons of Delta 1010 users there.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    grayrobot
    RE: MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends. 2006/01/04 14:33:52 (permalink)
    Err... MC does not do multitrack input? Does that mean that it's not capable of recording stereo?

EDIT: Specifically Recording 2 audio inputs from a Stero source, like from a Micro Korg or a Line 6 DL4?
    I am worried I may have bought the wrong software in the end.
    post edited by grayrobot - 2006/01/04 14:39:13
    Robomusic
    RE: MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends. 2006/01/04 18:01:41 (permalink)
    No what i mean is that MC can only record stereo, or two seprate mono tracks at a time.

So the delta 1010 is notbeing used to the fullest, but so what it is a very decent interface. An upgrade to Home Studio XL will give the ability to record al 8 tracks at one side.

Music Town
    grayrobot
    RE: MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends. 2006/01/04 22:49:36 (permalink)
    Ah cool, I get it. Actually for the scope of work I am doing, I only need 2 channels. Less is more I always say :D
    Thanks for the replies, by the by I know how busy you are. Nice work with that song also, the one with the keys from your friend who passed away... Sorry for your loss.

As an update, my hardware wizard now sees my Delta 1010, but the drivers are grumpy.
    If I can get this thing working I will have to post a few tunes. :D

Cheers,
    Mark
    Robomusic
    RE: MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends. 2006/01/05 01:07:01 (permalink)
    Cool deal, by the way did you go to M-Audio's site and get the latest drivers?

Music Town
    grayrobot
    RE: MC2 Setup problems with Seasound & friends. 2006/01/05 20:27:34 (permalink)
    Yes I sure did. That's the solowdm-5.10.3506.exe from the original post. Setting up that thing has really been a pain.

I got the Delta 1010 to work by putting it in the *very top* PCI slot. Works perfectly, unfortunately it's right up agaisnt the heat sink of my Geforce 6600. :P Have to juggle cards I think.

I have Music Creator set up so that it is using Channel 1/2 out for monitors (like the manual says to do) but it's not getting any signal, even if I bypass my mixer entirely and go direct. I have a friend who is savvy with these sorts of things, I will post an update when he and I suss it out. Thanks again for the help.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1