my first recording software! music creator pro?

Author
Hans Jürgen
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2006/01/09 11:47:46 (permalink)

my first recording software! music creator pro?

Hello Board

My first recording software

I´m a german musician and I appreciate this site very much.. I am looking for an easy to use recording tool. My goal is to produce a very good demo quality wih a minimum on time and learning a software. But – of course after time you are more skilled and so the software should than not to be at ist end.
It seems that music creator pro is the right one plus it´s a good inspirAation tool, many sounds and loops?
Of course as more a product provides as more must I learn, but if I do things aside and start with midifiles and additional audio recording like Akkordion, e-and akk- Guitars, Vocals – is it easy or complicate?

I`ve already read a lot hear, but have not a clear idea yet, depending on a lack of knowledge and english language skills.
I hope for as many ideas and fews as possible here and from many differend users.
I have some basic midi-knowledge, but audio - with loops and so on is new for me. (perhaps some basic knowledge for me or a link to read?)
I need good drum and bass sounds (and grooves) from the software/plugin. I´m also lookiing for good and interesting sythesizer sounds to find new inspiration for my music.
I need realistic sounds as trumpet, horns and so on. Perhaps orchestral sound to (like vienna . . )
I´m not good in tweaking good sounds – I need good sounds from the softsynth´s strait away.
In general: If I achive good demo quality results at the first place, it would be good.

Other products I read about are Project5, HomeStudio XL, and from other manufacturer Ableton Live, or Mackie Tracktion2.
For excample: If one of the mentioned programs is MUCH easier and a LITTLE less powerful, I would choose this one. If they have more or less the same ease of use and one is the most powerful, I would prefer this one

I placed a similar post in home studio and musiccreator pro.

Thank´s a lot in advance!

Best regards

Hans from Germany

6 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: my first recording software! music creator pro? 2006/01/09 13:28:19 (permalink)
    Hello hans, welcome. Music creator, Music CreatorPro, Home Studio, and Sonar areally the same program. The difference is that MC, and MCPro are both Lite versions of sonar 1, Home studio and Home studio XL are lite versions of Sonar 4, Sonar Stiudio and Producers Edition are now in version 5. So each step up just has more features and abilities.

Traction is a very different beast, I have it and just do not like the work flow at all.

Abelton Live seems to me to be more aimed at live performances.

If it were me I would get at least Home Studio and most likely XL since one gets a VST Wrapper with that version and many other useful features as well. VST and VSTi are forms of effects and instrument plugins that one can add, and there are many free ones out there as well. so a big benefit.
    post edited by Robomusic - 2006/01/09 13:31:49

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Hans Jürgen
    RE: my first recording software! music creator pro? 2006/01/10 13:25:23 (permalink)
    thanks that you coverd so many issués
    Hans Jürgen
    RE: my first recording software! music creator pro? 2006/01/11 06:32:40 (permalink)
    cause money isn´t the issue, should I buy then the proper programms sonar? If it´s the same ease concerning the basics - and of course, the second step- if I use more features I have mor to learn?

but as I sad: ease of use is the main thing

another question: as I start as a virgin, I have no record of recording, nothing to compare or that I used to do things in a certain way, is tracktion2 the product??

thanks a lot

Robomusic
    RE: my first recording software! music creator pro? 2006/01/12 01:27:40 (permalink)
    Like i said I don't like tracktion, just a personal thing, others love it.Each has to get what works for them

Sonar is a very advance program and will do what ever you want.

Music Town
    Hans Jürgen
    RE: my first recording software! music creator pro? 2006/01/13 11:57:49 (permalink)
    thank´s ROBO
    Robomusic
    RE: my first recording software! music creator pro? 2006/01/13 12:04:16 (permalink)
    Hans, send me a e-mail link and i will send you some valuable information

Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1