What sound card do you recommend?

Author
Neonblue
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2006/01/11 02:17:42 (permalink)

What sound card do you recommend?

I'm looking for a good performing, low priced audio card that will work great with Dimension Pro/Sonar 5. What is everyone using?

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: What sound card do you recommend? 2006/01/11 09:36:58 (permalink)
    Everyone uses everything. But if I was buying a stereo card now with budget in mind, I'd get the Emu line - they start at about $100. Great specs and most people seem happy. If you want something in the Firewire line, I'd look at the new PreSonus Inspire. $200 and you get 4 analog inputs outputs and 2 preamps.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: What sound card do you recommend? 2006/01/12 10:28:20 (permalink)
    Hi Scott and welcome to the forum! You also might want to check out the P5 forum (click me!) as well!!! Lots of friendly folks over there.

What kind of System are you going to be running your DAW on? My recommendation would be for you to shop around online and find the best product for your money. Be sure to check out system requirements and also the driver specs (ASIO, WDM, DirectSound, Audio Units, etc.) as well as bit depth and sample rates. When you find a product that will match your needs, try going to a local GC (or other music store) and negotiate them down to a price you'll be happy with, using the info you obtained online. If they can't (or won't) negotiate to meet your target price, simply order it online.

If you can afford it and your system can handle it, I recommend a Firewire or USB 2 Device. But that's just me.

HTH, (keep us posted on what you decide)

-MDK

edit: spelling and bad typing <g>.
    post edited by MurderDethKill - 2006/01/12 10:32:11

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    RE: What sound card do you recommend? 2006/01/12 12:57:36 (permalink)
    Here is a nice inexpensive sound card that comes with 4 ins and 4 outs plus Midi I/O. See the M-Audio 2496 and you get to drive Abelton Live lite 4. Just forget the price on the M-Audio site, you can get the card online at Musician Friends or SamAsh or other places.

Or, I say go for broke and get a PRESONUS FIREPOD W/ Cubase LE and a free MXL 992 mic w/ shockmount but hey, that's just me.

If you need a Microphone and a 10 input PCI Sound card, you could get the M-Audio Delta 1010 LT and get a free MXL 990 with free Shock Mount.

I personally like gear that comes with freebies !!!

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1