Help Please... I'm confused... No Audio Output?

Author
redeyes2005
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2006/01/17 11:02:39 (permalink)

Help Please... I'm confused... No Audio Output?

Hi,
I am not new to music creator I've had it for little over a year now. I installed it on my old laptop and everything was fine, but on this laptop I'm having a little bit of difficulty. I imported a mp3 to an audio track, but it won't play at all. I checked Options>Audio and found that there were no drivers for input and output. I also can't arm and record on the audio tracks. I'm really confused. It worked fine on my old laptop but I don't have that anymore to compare. I looked around and all I found were problems with the midi outputs but my Midi works fine. Can anyone help me?

3 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Help Please... I'm confused... No Audio Output? 2006/01/17 14:23:04 (permalink)
    I would imagine that if you go back to options/audio and check the record and playback boxes see if there is any drop down options, and if so choose the ones that are named after your sound card. If there are none then click the wave profiler button and see if it finds anything. Another thing to try is to change driver modes, from WDM to MME or vice versa.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    redeyes2005
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Help Please... I'm confused... No Audio Output? 2006/01/17 16:18:50 (permalink)
    Thank you, I didn't have any drop downs at all but I could switch the driver mode. I first switched it to WDM/KS but freaked out because the midi wouldnt work anymore... then I tried MME and now it works fine. Thanks again. Do you happen to know what it means to switch the driver mode to MME?
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Help Please... I'm confused... No Audio Output? 2006/01/17 16:56:59 (permalink)
    MME = the original driver model for Windows 32 bit apps introduced in Windows 95.
    WDM = the "new improved" driver model from Microsoft available in Windows 98. It was much more robust in a lot of ways than the MME/VxD model.
    ASIO = a driver standard created by Steinberg specifically for the purpose of audio use with low latency.

The above are different Drivers types that are available to run audio devices in a computer. MME as it says is the oldest form of protocol, and is the slowest, but one good thing is it's very stable. If you upgrade to a Pro-sumer type sound card that is designed for recording, then you can use either WDM or ASIO and get better response time from synths and stuff

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1