Please Help!

Author
music63
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2006/01/19 08:01:42 (permalink)

Please Help!

Hi all,

I'm using music creator pro and is trying to lower the key of a song. It's one step too high. Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance

dale

2 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Please Help! 2006/01/19 16:56:00 (permalink)
    When working with Midi files the following was clipped from the help files:

Here are two ways to transpose MIDI data in Music Creator:

You can apply the Edit-Transpose command to selected data (see the procedure below).
    You can use the Key+ control for a specific track--the Key+ control is located with the other track parameter controls in the Track pane. This method causes a track to play higher or lower by the number of half steps you enter in the Key+ control. This is a non-destructive form of editing that leaves the pitch of the original data unchanged, but adds an "offset" when the track plays back.
    To Transpose our Tutorial File
    Select all the notes in the bass track by clicking the bass track's track number. The track number should appear highlighted when it is selected.
    Select all the notes in the organ track by Ctrl-clicking (holding down the Ctrl key while you click) the organ track's track number. Ctrl-clicking allows you to make multiple selections.
    Use the Edit-Transpose command to open the Transpose dialog box.
    Enter -2 (negative 2) in the Amount field and click OK.
    Ctrl-click both track numbers again to deselect them.
    Music Creator transposes the selected data down a whole step (2 half steps). Choose MIDI outputs for your tracks and play the project. You can undo the transposition by pressing Ctrl+z, and redo the transposition by pressing Ctrl+Shift+z

Now if the tracks are audio then you need to do some reading on groove clips, or acidized loops, these are wave file loops that contain note and tempo information and can be pitch shifted to a different tempo or root note.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    music63
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Please Help! 2006/01/19 21:15:11 (permalink)
    Thanks Robomusic for the cool advice. I had no idea what to do to change the key. I got quite tire of struggling to hit those hi notes.

i'll give this a go.

thanks much for the help!

dale
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1