Antares Mic Models and Tube plugins?

Author
dave2bass
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 127
2006/02/01 11:15:45 (permalink)

Antares Mic Models and Tube plugins?

Hi All,
I use the Antares Mic Modeler quite a bit and am happy overall but I noticed that I tend to use the same couple of Mics with similar settings over and over again. While there is nothing wrong with that, in theory... I am wondering what other people think.

Anyone using Mic Modeler:

What Mics are your favorites?

Do you prefer to use "bypass" for the source or do you always map the source to the mic actually used during recording?

Do you use/like the tube warmth?

Another random note... I was looking at the Antares Tube a little bit. Is it worth it if you already have Mic Modeler (which has the Tube warmth)? Would this be useful for vocals? Or is it more of a guitar saturation plugin?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Dave

3 Replies Related Threads

TheFingers
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1669
    RE: Antares Mic Models and Tube plugins? 2006/02/02 12:52:11 (permalink)
    Please pardon me for selective answers: Tube is good for Bass, but you have to set it just right to get that fretty, growl distortion on the initial attack transient. Tube is great for harmonica! The devil tube with alot of drive. It seems to be a single stage plugin so there are others that sound better on most stuff. Like the free Voxengo BoogEx for guitars, havn't tried it on Bass yet.

I also have Mic Modeler, one of my favorite mics is the Lawson. Mic Modeler can add a nice flavor to vocal tracks, guitar tracks. Bypass source or source any mic to taste. I have tried the tube warmth feature and IMHO it mostly sucks. You can hear the difference but nothing I would classify as a worthwhile improvement (mostly).

1973 "A" neck.

I'd rather be playing Bass:
    dave2bass
    RE: Antares Mic Models and Tube plugins? 2006/02/02 18:18:14 (permalink)
    TheFingers,
    Thanks for your repsonse.

I will check out the Lawson. I don't remember every trying that one. I know that I tend to like the Neuman U87 (Of Course ). I also tend to like AKG and a few others. Like I said, wanted to see what others were using so I was not stuck in a rut.

Dave

Sonar 8.5 PE, Win 7 
    P4 3.0 Ghz
    4G DDR2 Ram
    dave2bass
    RE: Antares Mic Models and Tube plugins? 2006/02/06 13:13:24 (permalink)
    (bump)

no one else? Beuller? Beuller? Anyone?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1