New blind user with basic interface questions on Dimension Pro

Author
kevjazz
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
2006/02/03 22:36:57 (permalink)

New blind user with basic interface questions on Dimension Pro

I just got Dimension Pro and I have a question about the interface. I'm trying to get it to work in multi-timberal mode. I gather that I should be able to have four timbers at once. I see the four elements. However, I imagine that I should be able to get four different sounds on four distinct MIDI channels with four different audio outs. However, when the soft synth is patched in, selecting all outs still only gives me one audio track and one MIDI track. How do you get four individual parts? I assume you assign each of the four elemetns to its own MIDI and audio tracks. I'm not seeing that happen.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

4 Replies Related Threads

JohnrC
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 393
    RE: New blind user with basic interface questions on Dimension Pro 2006/02/03 23:48:06 (permalink)
    Is it set to Multitimbral?

To the left of the big "DIMENSION PRO" are four buttons. The second one is Options, click on that. Check "Set Program as Multitimbral". Now in each of your MIDI tracks, select the Output to any of the four elements.
    kevjazz
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: New blind user with basic interface questions on Dimension Pro 2006/02/04 02:30:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: JohnrC

Is it set to Multitimbral?

To the left of the big "DIMENSION PRO" are four buttons. The second one is Options, click on that. Check "Set Program as Multitimbral". Now in each of your MIDI tracks, select the Output to any of the four elements.

My only problem was that even after checking the options box and setting to multitimberal, re instanciating the plugin yielded only one audio and one MIDI track instead of four of each. Does that mean that I have to add my MIDI tracks after going through the synth racck add synth process?
    lfm
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2216
    RE: New blind user with basic interface questions on Dimension Pro 2006/02/04 07:40:27 (permalink)
    There is only one audio stereo out in Dimension, what I have discovered. It's multiple instance that rules, it seems.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: New blind user with basic interface questions on Dimension Pro 2006/02/04 10:21:44 (permalink)
    You can use each element in a diffferent MIDI channels, but Dimension Pro won't add MIDI tracks for you. You need to do that in your sequencer, and then point all MIDI tracks to Dimension Pro.

-René
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1