Someone PLEASE HELP!!!

Author
jballard
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2006/02/04 09:55:29 (permalink)

Someone PLEASE HELP!!!

I just installed MC2003 on my Desktop PC, which is a fairly new Dell running on WinXP. I have read so many forums and looked up so much on the internet, that I decided to just ask for a direct answer from the experts.
I have a guitar, the adapters, the program, and have tried all that I can find, so from the top, what do I need to do to hook up my guitar to my PC? I am on the line-in jack, which if I am not mistaken is the black jack (?) I have made adjustments to the options that were recommended in previous posts and I still cannot get my guitar to "come through" to my PC.
I have wondered if I don't have an "in" source, but I thought that when I set it all up and armed the track that cued the LINE-IN.
This is very frustrating for me, and I am of limited knowledge about this program and my pc, so someone please let me know what the heck to do.

JBallard

4 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Someone PLEASE HELP!!! 2006/02/04 10:48:46 (permalink)
    Click on the little speaker icon at the bottom of your computer screen, see what pops up. Look to see that your line input is not muted and the volume slider is up. Go to 'options>audio' at the top of the MC screen and click the 'wave profiler' button. That will get MC to check what sound card and other equipment you have connected, and adjust itself for that gear. Are you arming the AUDIO track to record, and then clicking the record button on the transport tool bar at the top? If the track is set up for MIDI, it will not record your guitar AUDIO track. Right click on a track and select 'insert audio track'. Give that a try and wait for an actual expert to answer if none of it works. Greg
    jballard
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Someone PLEASE HELP!!! 2006/02/04 11:40:28 (permalink)
    Thanks for trying 57Gregy. I have tried it all, I am so frustrated at this point. I have gotten into the master volume settings, the audio devices, etc. Nothing is working.
    Here are a few more questions:
    1) Which line do I plug my guitar into? The line-in or the mic? If it is the line-in, is that coded black on the back on my PC, because there is nothing that says line-in. I looked this up on a web-site. What should my settings be on my PC and with MC2003 for my guitar to be heard? I am not going for perfect, but on my old computer this program was like plug-and-play almost, not with my new PC....nothing.
    2) Under "Options", "midi devices" there is nothing under the "input" column. Should there be? I have found a lot on this with the keyboard, but I am working from a guitar.

If this helps someone figure this out for me, here are my computer's specs:
    Dell Dimension 8300
    Intel
    Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    2.99GHz, 768 MB of RAM
    SoundMAX Digital Audio
    MS WinXP Pro
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Someone PLEASE HELP!!! 2006/02/04 21:02:53 (permalink)
    guitars are supposed to be plugged into the LINE IN, as the mike in has a mike level preamp. that can distort a guitar signal, and a guitar can burn it out as well. I sound Max card has some very frustrating limitations, I strongly suggest getting a good PC/MCIA or firewire interface. it will take the fight out of this.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Someone PLEASE HELP!!! 2006/02/05 00:14:49 (permalink)
    As to which input is the line in, we can't tell without seeing the back of the machine. If it's a mic in, there will be a little picture of a microphone engraved beside the hole. If line in, a little picture of a phone plug will be there. If there is only 1 input, you have to go into your computer control panel and tell it what you want to use the input for. Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1