Ruler Line coinciding with the beat

Author
BillA19
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/02/04 09:58:24 (permalink)

Ruler Line coinciding with the beat

Need some help: I'll record a song from my keyboard using Music Creator Pro. The tracks all come out right and are in sync with each other. The tempo is also correct. The problem is, is that the ruler line and measures don't match up to the actual beat and measures of the song. By the time I'm in the 5th or 6th measure of the actual song, the ruler bar is indicating that I'm on the 3rd or 4th measure. Another way of explaining this, is that the first downbeat of the actual song, is not the first downbeat of the ruler line. It keeps moving and isn't in the same spot. By the time the song finishes, the counting is way off. This throws the sheet music notation off. How do I make the actual measures of the song coincide with the ruler line? This is driving me nuts trying to correct this.

2 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Ruler Line coinciding with the beat 2006/02/04 10:57:01 (permalink)
    It seems that you have other programs running which are stealing resources from MC. You must turn off ALL other programs in order to allow MC to work efficiently. Turn off your virus scans, pop-up blockers, spam filters after getting off the internet, of course. Turn of ALL systems sounds, the beeps and clicks and dings the computer makes when something happens. Go into your programs and turn off their 'start xxxxxx on computer start up' feature. Right click all the little icons at the bottom and select 'close' in order to shut them off. Greg
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Ruler Line coinciding with the beat 2006/02/04 21:12:13 (permalink)
    Two things i can think of that might be causing this here, 1. If you are not using a metromone or click track that ruler bar might be correct and you are just playing ahead of the tempo of the track. 2. you might have the sound card and the program set to different sampling rates and that could cause the program to sample at a slower rate than the song.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1