Will Rapture also have sfz debug log like DimPro?

Author
JazzSinger
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 895
2006/02/15 03:55:30 (permalink)

Will Rapture also have sfz debug log like DimPro?

Not interested in 500+ presets, other than as examples to see what can be done.

I create my own sounds and debugging tools make life easier. I was told DimPro has an error log but could do perhaps with a line number indicating where the error occurred. Stuff like that is what I'm after.

Will Rapture have that, too?

2 Replies Related Threads

Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Will Rapture also have sfz debug log like DimPro? 2006/02/15 05:32:30 (permalink)
    Will Rapture have that, too?

From what I hear, yes, Rapture will follow in Dimension's footsteps and produce an sfzlog.txt file that is automatically opened (by your default text editor) when the parser finds something unrecognised in the sfz you're attempting to load. Check out the attached screenie for an example of what to expect:

P.S. — Love that “not interested in 500+ presets” attitude! We're gonna get along just fine…
    JazzSinger
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 895
    RE: Will Rapture also have sfz debug log like DimPro? 2006/02/15 05:40:50 (permalink)
    Ah, excellent!

And someone also said Rapture will load DimPro sfz soundsets, so I think my worries about Rap being for wavetables made up of small wave files only were unfounded. I most certainly will also want to play back entire phrase loops lasting a bar or more, punctuated by articulations on another midi channel, say.

I take objection to the sfz-geek bit tho'.
    I am sure ANYONE taking a bit of time to look into the sfz format cannot help but get carried away by its power and simplicity. All except for those just wanting presets, that is.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1