Saving GUI settings in sfz in Rap/DimPro

Author
JazzSinger
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 895
2006/02/16 06:58:18 (permalink)

Saving GUI settings in sfz in Rap/DimPro

If you edit a patch using the GUI in DimPro/Rap and you save, where will those changes be saved?
In the sfz file?

Edit: a second question. I've been looking at the screenshots of Rapture.

Dark, innit?

Is it really so difficult to see the controls on the real version or is it just the screenshot?
Will there be skins to select from? (Not normally a feature I put much value on, but in this case it's different)
post edited by JazzSinger - 2006/02/16 07:21:45

5 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Saving GUI settings in sfz in Rap/DimPro 2006/02/16 12:03:57 (permalink)
    The element files or program files you create using Dimension Pro or Rapture are stored in a binary file (.prog and .elem respectively), separated from the sfz file.

The background of the screenshot is dark, but it should be fairly easy to read as long as you have correctly adjusted your monitor brightness and gamma.

-René
    JazzSinger
    RE: Saving GUI settings in sfz in Rap/DimPro 2006/02/17 05:19:04 (permalink)
    Ok, so if I interpret that correctly, the GUI cannot be thought of as a .sfz file editor.

As long as the .sfz file commands all still work, and everyone says they do and then some, then I'm happy. I just thought this might be a cherry on the cake.

As far as the darkness is concerned, if I look again, those things that need to be seen are in fact clear, so that's fine.
    René
    RE: Saving GUI settings in sfz in Rap/DimPro 2006/02/17 10:19:06 (permalink)
    Ok, so if I interpret that correctly, the GUI cannot be thought of as a .sfz file editor.

Correct. In Dimension Pro, for instance, up to four sfz files can compose a program, and on top of that you get all setting changes. This means that you can reuse that sfz in multiple programs. You can think of the sfz as the 'PCM sample' in hardware synthesizers like the Motif, Phantom or Triton series, just more editable.

-René

JazzSinger
    RE: Saving GUI settings in sfz in Rap/DimPro 2006/02/17 13:37:18 (permalink)
    In Dimension Pro, for instance, up to four sfz files can compose a program

Four sfz files in a program? So can I allocate each program to a midi channel?

Will Rapture be multi-timbral, too? Over how many channels?

(I am very grateful for your willingness to answer my questions, but I don't want to bug you unnecessarily - Is there anywhere where this kind of technical information is listed?)
    René
    RE: Saving GUI settings in sfz in Rap/DimPro 2006/02/17 14:33:46 (permalink)
    Four sfz files in a program? So can I allocate each program to a midi channel?

Dimension Pro has two working modes: monotimbral, where all four elements react to any channel, and multitimbral, where the four elements are assigned to channels 1 to 4. Rapture does the same, 1 to 6.

Still, a single sfz file is multitimbral per-se if the definition includes those capabilities.
    This kind of detailed info is available in the User Manuals of both Dimension Pro and Rapture. They come in the DVD/CD.

-René
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1