Question about Jamstix and BFD

Author
munmun
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1319
2006/02/24 16:06:06 (permalink)

Question about Jamstix and BFD

Hi there. I am using Jamstix in Sonar HS XL. I am using the Cakewalk VST wrapper with JS. I am letting JS do its thing using its internal sounds and then exporting the midi file to be used later at mixing stage via BFD. I just read the following on the Cakewalk forum. Can someone confirm whether this is true. Do I need to get Directexizer?

"Jamstix comes with a full set of nice sounding drums. You only need the after market VST if you can't live with the provided drums and want to trigger something like BFD. The Cakewalk VST will not output MIDI that BFDS needs, but Directexizer will. I am more than happy with the drums that came with the software, and have not even bothered installing the optional sample sets that Jamstix sells. "

1 Reply Related Threads

jayhill
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 578
    RE: Question about Jamstix and BFD 2006/02/25 14:26:48 (permalink)
    If you want to trigger BFD's sound in "REAL-TIME" with Jamstix using Sonar, you would need Directixer.

The Sonar VST wrapper does not support VSTi MIDI output, not even in Sonar 5PE. This isn't an issue unless you want to route the MIDI output of Jamstix to another drum module in realtime.

However, since you are exporting the midi at a later time, your current process has no need for Directixer.

Regards,

J
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1