trying to hook up studio items

Author
donmoroco@aol.com
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2006/03/01 04:40:21 (permalink)

trying to hook up studio items

hi guys can someone please help me. i have a mpc1000 a keystation m-audio keybord controller a small yamaha mixer and a pc computor and iam runing cakewalk home studio/ heres the problem. my controller keybord is going from midi out to midi in to my mpc but iam geting no syncronizing my midi controller plays and records in the cakewalk but the mpc do not play and record in the cakewalk i cant get the mpc to take over and play together with the keaybord or shuold i say the midi notes beccause my keaybord is only a controll i had a computor biult from scrach i purches a creative sound blaster xfi. platinum sound card and had them to put it in the computor when i had it built so the front of the computor has the front part of the sound card sticking out . i just want to buy a sound modgle but i dont know if that will work. this is so crazy, i want this to work come on guys i know its some really smart teac : guys out there/ keep in mind i dont have a sound modgle i am trying to use the one in cakwalk here are the remining out puts on the mpc that are not being used. assignable outs .4 digital out .2 midi out.2 and record in.2 i have no midi thru i have the mpc 1000 can someone help.[size=1 hi guys is it tru the interface will sinc everything together and my mpc1000 will controll the midi sounds from my cakewalk/and my mpc drums will beable to record in my cakewalk i ijust need the two things to happen for me /i just want my mpc to be the master with my midi and record in the cakewalk home studio i just want to write my music from the mpc and than dupm it in the cake walk /// wow that would be great!
post edited by donmoroco@aol.com - 2006/03/02 13:46:32

3 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: trying to hook up studio items 2006/03/01 20:59:36 (permalink)
    Make sure that your midi flow is Maudio out to mpc midi in-- mpc midi out to computer. If you use the thru jack on the MPC it will pass the Keyboard controller but the MPC pads will not work. Most high end External gear has Midi IN/OUT/THRU.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: trying to hook up studio items 2006/03/02 09:11:42 (permalink)
    Also, I don't know if the mpc is an exception, but some MIDI gear can echo the MIDI IN to the MIDI OUT (a soft thru). If the mpc can do this then it might be possible to get the mpc pads to work and the m-audio keyboard by enabling a soft-thru feature. Just a thought.

Another option might be to have a MIDI interface on the computer that can handle two MIDI-IN ports.
    donmoroco@aol.com
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: trying to hook up studio items 2006/03/02 13:43:05 (permalink)
    hi guy is it tru the interface will sinc everything together and my mpc1000 will controll the midi sounds from my cakewalk/and my mpc drums will beable to record in my cakewalk i ijust need the two things to happen for me /i just want my mpc to be the master with my midi and record in the cakewalk home studio i just want to write my music from the mpc and than dupm it in the cake walk /// wow that would be great
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1