RAPTURE VS DIMENSION PRO

Author
mbrucemoore7@juno.com
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2006/03/21 21:08:18 (permalink)

RAPTURE VS DIMENSION PRO

WHEN RAPTURE LOADS SFZ MULTISAMPLES IS THE PLAYBACK (BEFORE EDITING OR ADDING FX) OF THE SAME QUALITY AS DIMENSION PRO?............

2 Replies Related Threads

JazzSinger
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 895
    RE: RAPTURE VS DIMENSION PRO 2006/03/22 13:19:11 (permalink)
    No-one has answered, so let me try:

I have had the same question and from what I have learned from all my nagging poor old long suffering René, I think I am secure in saying that, at the .sfz file level with opcodes as defined in the standard sfz spec at http://www.rgcaudio.com/sfzformat.htm , both will produce identical results.

Rapture is newer so you can assume some minor wrinkles have been sorted out, but if there IS a difference, you will need electronic analyzers to see it.

Also, and more importantly, note that Rapture has some optimisations for small sample loops played over a wide span on the keyboard. This is only interesting if you are doing synthesizer type sounds (as opposed to natural sounding instrument samples).

Having said that, from what I have gathered in postings here, it seems this technology will find its way into the next version of DimPro, too.
    Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: RAPTURE VS DIMENSION PRO 2006/03/22 15:29:54 (permalink)
    1st thing: you're CapsLock key is feeling blue (i.e. depressed). Maybe you can cheer it up?

2nd thing: for all intents and purposes, I say it's safe to assume that Dimension Pro & Rapture will produce the same quality of sound when playing an unaffected sfz file (plus or minus a few individual samples according to any resampling engine tweaks that seemed like a good idea on that particular day)

The idea is that the sfz files are interchangeable between the instruments. So, for playing straight sfz's (no GUI tweaking), there shouldn't be any audible difference.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1