Recording Drops Off

Author
Woodman99
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/03/29 13:57:04 (permalink)

Recording Drops Off

After all of the help yesterday (see "Better Machine, Worse Performance") I was able to fix a number of problems. I walked through the 25 steps to get the Windows overhead reduced and also changed from WDM to ASIO protocols. I now have virtually no latency. My problem now is during recording. I can start recording, but after marker 14 (MBT) it just stops recording (Not sure terminology here but the red heart monitor graphic just stops while the vertical marker continues on to the right). It also ignores commands from the TASCAM surface.

Can anyone help me understand how I can fix this? Seems like a bug to me, but my guess is a configuration change should solve the problem. I have all the latest updates for Windows and the Tascam FW1884.

Thanks in advance!
Woodman

2 Replies Related Threads

Stone House Studios
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3550
    RE: Recording Drops Off 2006/03/29 14:59:35 (permalink)
    You may still be experiencing dropots - virtually no latency is not exactly possible - most record around 5ms (give or take). Bump it up a little if you can and see what happens!

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
    Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
    bermuda
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Recording Drops Off 2006/03/29 15:04:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Woodman99

After all of the help yesterday (see "Better Machine, Worse Performance") I was able to fix a number of problems. I walked through the 25 steps to get the Windows overhead reduced and also changed from WDM to ASIO protocols. I now have virtually no latency. My problem now is during recording. I can start recording, but after marker 14 (MBT) it just stops recording (Not sure terminology here but the red heart monitor graphic just stops while the vertical marker continues on to the right). It also ignores commands from the TASCAM surface.

I tend to run at ~5.8ms or ~11ms
    Can anyone help me understand how I can fix this? Seems like a bug to me, but my guess is a configuration change should solve the problem. I have all the latest updates for Windows and the Tascam FW1884.

Thanks in advance!
    Woodman

Yes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1