M-Audio and SONAR x86 - Like you've never seen this one before...

Author
sp970218
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/04/02 08:30:37 (permalink)

M-Audio and SONAR x86 - Like you've never seen this one before...

Hi all

I have been running SONAR 5 since it came out. And I have been a SONAR user since 3 came out.

On my 32 bit system, SONAR is absolutely rock-solid and is perfect fro everything I need. I even ditched pro-tools in favour of SONAR.

However, I have a dual-core 3.2GHz 64 bit processor, and I want to use the features of that, so I upgraded to WinXP 64 bit, installed the M-Audio drivers and bombed SONAR x64 edition on it.

In WDM mode, from a post-production perspective, I have around 50% performance gain (more than the specs promised, so I'm chuffed with that!

Only problem is, in 32 bit mode, with the ASIO driver for my FW1814, I record using Direct Monitoring on the m-audio and I get zero-latency (or damn-near) monitoring on my inputs.

Now, I understand that M-Audio are morons of the most pristine kind by STILL not having updated their beta driver in 12 months, and not giving true 64 bit ASIO support, however - all of my other audio apps (NI stuff, Reason, Sound Forge etc..) use the ASIO functions of the Beta driver.

SONAR just doesn't see any ASIO, so I am stuck with 2 choices.

1. Figure out a way to get decent monitoring through the WDM system and get happy with that!

2. Stop using SONAR and move on to another audio app that recognises the ASIO driver that comes with the m-audio interface.

Going back to XP 32 bit is not an option, so if anyone knows how to get acceptable recording latency using SONAR's direct monitoring through an M-Audio FW1814 using WDM drivers, I am all ears!

Note: I can get lovely monitoring through the M-Audio directly, but I like to hear what I am recording with my plugs in place (I use guitar rig 2 instead of an amp).

Please help!

1 Reply Related Threads

superdav303
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: M-Audio and SONAR x86 - Like you've never seen this one before... 2006/05/11 15:11:43 (permalink)
    I'Ve The Same problems with my M-AUDIO Delta 44! Please Help Us!!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1