Dimension Pro pan control?

Author
MidiManiak
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 154
2006/04/16 07:57:39 (permalink)

Dimension Pro pan control?

this is driving me crazy ... just bought and loaded Cakewalk's 'Dimension Pro' ... so far I'm quite pleased with all the sounds but I can't figure out how to control the pan settings for the Dim Pro dxi voices. I can control all other settings no problemo using the Sonar 2.2 xl sequencer settings in the midi track panes, just not the pan ...
any ideas? i will be eternally grateful!
MM.

4 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Dimension Pro pan control? 2006/04/16 11:50:32 (permalink)
    Look in the modulators window, At the top you will see PCRPA buttons the 'P' next to A is PAN. This allows pan sweeps or can be set to a fixed point in your stereo field. MUCHO control ;)+)
    René
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Dimension Pro pan control? 2006/04/16 11:59:03 (permalink)
    Dimension Pro can work in two different modes: monotimbral and multitimbral.

When in monotimbral, the main Pan and Volume adjustements are performed in SONAR by using the synth track widgets (not the MIDI track), the track inspector widgets or the console, depending on your preferences.

Also, you can automate or adjust the four elements individually by recording the widget movements (arm the automation parameters). This is how you adjust the pan for each channel when in multitimbral as well.

Finally, you can use MIDI Learn, if what you're after is forcing a new balance on the pan settings the patch has. You can use the MIDI track pan widget for this. Dimension Pro will not react to the MIDI track pan widget as default.

-René
    MidiManiak
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 154
    RE: Dimension Pro pan control? 2006/04/18 01:16:37 (permalink)
    many thanks Lawapa and Rene for your responses ... unfortunately your suggestions did not work :(
    there must be some sort of bug with Sonar 2.2xl & Dimension Pro ...
    when i expand the audio track pane to see the stereo meter and then adjust the pan i can see the levels drop on the left or right channel, but i just can't hear the effect in the mix ... instead the signal drops a little quieter, but no effect on the pan. it's as if i have a stereo signal that i can only hear in mono. this only happens with the softsynth sounds.
    many thanks.
    MM.
    lawapa
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Dimension Pro pan control? 2006/04/18 21:59:26 (permalink)
    What I suggested was to set pan in the dimenmsion gui. Not in the track. But it should work either way. Make sure the output of your Dimensionsynth audio track goes to master. You can feed the Dpro out directly to your soundcards output by passing the master out for your project and this might be what's happening in your case.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1