NEED HELP MAKEN MY MUSIC SOUND BETTER(PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REPLY)

Author
BAlinated
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2006/05/03 18:09:02 (permalink)

NEED HELP MAKEN MY MUSIC SOUND BETTER(PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REPLY)

I thought my muisc was sounding good, Now I really need to bump it up a noch, here's some of the problem---

* Beats(Insturmentals) Do sound up to full Qulity after I record on them what could I do??

* My vocals seem real flat when I play them after recording a song, Like they sound realy weak and give out when I turn up my speakers?????

All in all I want my songs to sound better. Any help at all Id be very greatfull Thank you!

O ya I record with "Music Creator 2"
post edited by BAlinated - 2006/05/03 18:17:47

B-Alinated

2 Replies Related Threads

wickerman
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1039
    RE: NEED HELP MAKEN MY MUSIC SOUND BETTER(PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REPLY) 2006/05/03 19:16:45 (permalink)
    dude, seriously...all caps in the topic don't make people want to even look at it. it seems rude and impatient.

otherwise, i think you need to step into the world eq'ing your stuff. you need to analyze your beats. are they just one track? or multiple? if so, how many instruments are you putting on a track? bass on one? loops on another? you've got look at HOW you're recording and go from there. i wouldn't recommend applying an eq across the whole thing - you'll kill parts you don't want to. but done properly, you can add more BOOM to the low end and separate the parts out. i'm no expert, i have done it to a few songs and it does make a difference. you need a program to edit in from MC, Sony Sound Forge is good and has some nice eq to play with, you'll need to get the vst adaptor to do this.

vocals - most rap vocals are compressed to hell and back, people just don't sound that flat on their own. there aren't a lot of dynamics, unless you're going for the 'ooooo ahhhh la whoo wah wah wahhhhhhh' type stuff that you see everyone doing on "wherever" idol. again eqing the vocals adding some compression and some reverb might help out alot.

go to the techniques forum here and look for an eq post by CHAZ, it's got more info than you will be able to digest this year, and it's good stuff. if you post over there and use caps - no one will respond very nice. AND you're not doing jazz or blues songs......so...well...you'll find out.

your stuff isn't sounding bad, i do agree it needs smoothing out, but overall i think you've got the flow down.
    bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: NEED HELP MAKEN MY MUSIC SOUND BETTER(PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REPLY) 2006/05/04 00:02:20 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: wickerman

AND you're not doing jazz or blues songs......so...well...you'll find out.

LMAO

I would also recommend the Chaz thread. Wildly helpful.

Jeff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1