I NEED HELP WITH A FEW PROBLEMS SOUND WIZE (PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ/REPLY)

Author
BAlinated
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2006/05/03 18:13:16 (permalink)

I NEED HELP WITH A FEW PROBLEMS SOUND WIZE (PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ/REPLY)

I thought my muisc was sounding good, Now I really need to bump it up a noch, here's some of the problem---

* Beats(Insturmentals) Do sound up to full Qulity after I record on them what could I do??

* My vocals seem real flat when I play them after recording a song, Like they sound realy weak and give out when I turn up my speakers?????

All in all I want my songs to sound better. Any help at all Id be very greatfull Thank you!

O ya I record with "Music Creator 2"

B-Alinated

4 Replies Related Threads

D K
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1237
    RE: I NEED HELP WITH A FEW PROBLEMS SOUND WIZE (PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ/REPLY) 2006/05/04 00:20:09 (permalink)
    Post some songs - Let's hear it

www.ateliersound.com

ADK Custom  I7-2600 K
    Win 7 64bit /8 Gig Ram/WD-Seagate Drives(x3)
    Sonar 8.5.3 (32bit)/Sonar X3b(64bit)/Pro Tools 9
    Lavry Blue/Black Lion Audio Mod Tango 24/RME Hammerfall Multiface II/UAD Duo

Rev. Jem
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1723
    RE: I NEED HELP WITH A FEW PROBLEMS SOUND WIZE (PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ/REPLY) 2006/05/05 00:55:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: BAlinated
    * Beats(Insturmentals) Do sound up to full Qulity after I record on them what could I do??

If they sound good, leave em as they are & move on to the next track !

* My vocals seem real flat when I play them after recording a song, Like they sound realy weak and give out when I turn up my speakers?????

1) Could be your recording wasn't up to scratch so try re-recording the vocals. No idea what your environment's like but if it's a budget situ, hang a duvet/doona behind the vocalist's back to deaden any reflections & run some tests so you get good levels into the mic.

2) If the vocals are disappearing as you raise the playback volume, it could be you need to correct anomalies in your monitoring environment. Search this forum for scads of info on bass traps & other room treatment.

3) Try slapping a compressor on the vocal track to even out & raise the levels.
    mixman22000
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 103
    RE: I NEED HELP WITH A FEW PROBLEMS SOUND WIZE (PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ/REPLY) 2006/05/09 06:57:45 (permalink)
    balinated
    if you post a mp3 we can all take a listen and give some general advice, then chaz and a few others on here can give you some good advice and correct the people like me lol.
    but seriously if you post your mp3 in the song forumn we will listen and try and help you if we can.
    i have dial up because of where i live i cant get cable but i will download it and listen.

BEST REGARDS TIM (NEW LIGHT AUDIO)
    DigiBiu
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1053
    RE: I NEED HELP WITH A FEW PROBLEMS SOUND WIZE (PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ/REPLY) 2006/05/09 15:01:58 (permalink)
    This may sound stupid, but are you using a condensor mic? and if so, are you singing into the correct side of it? I have heard of several instances where people were using the wrong side of the mic. Just thought I would chime in

http://digitalbayoustudios.com/
    https://soundcloud.com/digibiu
    David Stuckey
    Sonar X3 Producer ,Windows 7 64bit ,6G Ram, Quad Core 2.6,3 1 UAD 2 card, 4 UAD-1 Cards, 2 Dell 24" LCD, ADAM ANF10, Avantones, Crown Power Amp, Great River ME-1, UA Solo/610, Distressor,Presonus ADL600,, RNC, RNLA, 2 PBC-6a, JoeMeek MC2, ART Pro Channel, Yamaha MO8,Korg Triton,M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, Custom Shop Fender Twin, 76 Randall Tube Amp, Custom Blue Runner Tube Amp,
    Lynx Aurora 8 FW
    Apogee AD8000 SE
    MixedLogic M24 Control Surface
    Yamaha Pro Mix 01
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1