MC3 comparison to other software

Author
starman97058
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
2006/05/13 11:47:34 (permalink)

MC3 comparison to other software

Music Creator 3 is my first ever recording software and I would like to know how it compares to some of the more expensive programs out there. I got Music Creator 3 for $39 bucks and I feel it is worth more than that but what do the $300 programs have that MC3 does not?

3 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: MC3 comparison to other software 2006/05/13 12:15:35 (permalink)
    I don't have MC3, but Pro 24, so I don't know what your features are. Typically, the more expensive programs have faster audio drivers, allow more simultaneous track recording if you have a multi-input sound card, more available MIDI and audio tracks, more comprehensive MIDI and audio editing capabilities, and more effects. The lower-priced programs are essentially learning tools, which get you hooked on digital PC recording, and get you to want to upgrade to the more expensive programs. Which isn't a bad thing, that's business. GM wants
    you to eventually trade in your Chevy for a Cadillac.
    With the proper computer set up, I'm sure you can get good recordings from MC3. Good luck. Greg

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    starman97058
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: MC3 comparison to other software 2006/05/13 12:19:01 (permalink)
    well I am definitely getting hooked on digital recording with my computer.....no more cables to eight track tape recorders....what a relief...
    Stuart
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: MC3 comparison to other software 2006/05/14 01:32:01 (permalink)
    I have a plethoria of softwares on my system, and i find there is not one program that does it all. MC is a great entry level software, it have nice features and a very decent workflow, the upper level cakewalk programs are just more of the same with added features, like better synths, better effects plugs, and more productive features all around. I tend to use MC if i want to alter or modify any midi files, as it seems to have the best midi work flow. Some other programs i have worked with are N-Tracks Studio ($69) for the 24bit version, it has a very full feature set, but suffers from stability issues on some computers. I also have Acid Pro 3.0 (acid Pro goes for around $300 these days) I find that Acid is the king of looping tools, it is designed from the get go to handle audio sample looping flawlessly, Next i have Vegas (a $400) program, also from the makers of Acid, (Sony) and for a audio only multitracker, or for serious video work it is a powerful program, it does not do any midi so i do not track in it much, i use it for adding music to digital pictures. I also have a program called Powertracks Pro version 10, (about $50), a multitrack program that does Midi and audio, a very good program, and a lot like cakewalk, in that it is a DX based system, i use it to do harmonies in songs, as it comes with a light version of TC Helicon's software harmonizer. Another program i use is Multitrack Studios ($69 for Pro and $119 for ProPlus version) in my mind the best program out there for basic tracking, not as full featured as say Sonar, but by far the most stable and robust, and the included plugins and the sampler are some of the best i have worked with so far, and rival some that cost far more than the whole program cost. I have also messed a bit with tracktion, did not like the work flow, and Magix Music Studio again not my cup of tea.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1