VST not avail in Program after configurator says it is

Author
fmcharon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/05/15 17:51:13 (permalink)

VST not avail in Program after configurator says it is

I am trying to use EAST WEST's Silver Edition Symphony Orchestra, which is a software synth. It comes with a version of the Kompakt Instrument Player, which plays the samples beautifully. But nothing else will.

I use the VST configurator (the lastest one just released) and at the end it says everything is groovy and available to my application. When I open Creator 3, however, the only midi output devices available are Microsoft Midi Mapper and Miscrosft GS Software Synth. When I try to change the patches in a pre-existing MIDI file, the only options are the MS GS Soft Synth and the only voices available are the standard 128(acoustic piano first, and gunshot, last.) I get the same result regardless of whther I use my Auzentech HD Xplosion 7.1 or my MB built-in Realtek audio. I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 4 I just purchased, but I haven't opened the box and would rather not have to use it just to get all this working, though I will if I have to.

I have also changed every option under audio, including WDM and Asio. 44100 and 16 bit are always available and are the defaults

I've reinstalled the EAST WEST, both times in a different hard drive.

I'm really frustrated. The East West was expensive. I have applied for help from their website, but I have not heard back from them.

Any help would be appreciated. My other Specs are:

WinXP Pro SP2,
1024 Ram
Athlon Dual Processor 4200
2 seriel ATA and one IDE Hard drive
DVD Burner
Kworld HD Tuner Card.
Geforce 6800 GS Videocard

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: VST not avail in Program after configurator says it is 2006/05/15 18:47:12 (permalink)
    fmcharon - that's not how you use a VST.

Select INPUT>DXi Synth>VST>East West (or something similar, I don't know exactly how it will call itself in the menu). After that a window will appear with several options. Select MIDI SOURCE TRACK, FIRST SYNTH OUTPUT, SYNTH PROPERTY PAGE AND SYNTH RACK VIEW.

This will insert a new MIDI track for you to record into (you'll need a midi controller to record - or you can edit in Piano Roll or Staff View). It will also pop up another window which will be your East West properties page. If it has defaults, then you should be able to start from this point as soon as you get some MIDI data into your MIDI track you just created. You can now record into that track if you have acontroller, or you can edit and playback from piano roll or staff view.

EDIT: Sorry - I just realized you were trying to apply the VST to existing MIDI data. Select the MIDI data in track view then right click then select MIDI Effects, then you should be able to select your EAST WEST (which I know nothing about, BTW).

But either way you can't select it in the devices - it's not a real device. You have to apply it.

You really need to do the tutorials on MIDI. they will help you a lot. if you have other questions - feel free to come back an post 'em!
    post edited by Beagle - 2006/05/16 19:05:51

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    fmcharon
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: VST not avail in Program after configurator says it is 2006/05/16 22:25:50 (permalink)
    It worked the way you described. Thanks a lot. I'm still going to watch the tutorials, but it was a great relief to hear orchestral midi using those sounds.

Thanks for your reply.

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: VST not avail in Program after configurator says it is 2006/05/16 22:36:40 (permalink)
    Glad to be of service!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1