Recording Guitars

Author
mindridden
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
2006/06/05 15:55:13 (permalink)

Recording Guitars

Hey, I've got my software up and running and Im trying to record stuff. I'm wondering some of the things you guys do to get a good guitar sound. I'm planning on getting an SM-57 and hoping that will help some, but I know there's a lot I could do to make it better. Thanks.

Agree to Disagree

2 Replies Related Threads

yep
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4057
    RE: Recording Guitars 2006/06/05 16:05:56 (permalink)
    The book has already been written. Run a search. there are about 900 pages of excellent advice all over these forums on recording guitars.

For the best information on recording distorted electric guitar on the web, check here:

http://www.badmuckingfastard.com/sound/slipperman.html

(caution: there's a lot of swearing and a lot of dispect shown to musicians and guitar players, but it's good information).

Cheers.
    papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Recording Guitars 2006/06/06 04:09:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mindridden

Hey, I've got my software up and running and Im trying to record stuff. I'm wondering some of the things you guys do to get a good guitar sound. I'm planning on getting an SM-57 and hoping that will help some, but I know there's a lot I could do to make it better. Thanks.

What software are you using? What model soundcard are you using? Do you play through an amp? What kind of guitar and amps? What genre of music are you performing?

A little info from your end would help us give you some helpful responses...

Regards,
    Papa
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1