Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel

Author
dhaupert
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2006/06/06 15:05:33 (permalink)

Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel

I like the sounds of the solo trumpet and would love to be able to get the trumpet falls sample to trigger on velocity and the shakes one on mod wheel, but I have not explored how to do this yet. I'm wondering if perhaps someone already has done something like this and could share it with the rest of us? Thanks in advance!

7 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel 2006/06/06 17:00:58 (permalink)
    It is possible, requires a small sfz edit. I have done it for you, as I understood from your message:

http://www.rgcstuff.com/External/TrumpetComposite.zip

In the file, you'll find

Trumpet 1 f-falls(velo)-shake(mw).sfz

You need to put it in your '\Multisamples\19 - Brass' folder, together with the other Trumpet multisamples, and

Trumpet (velo=falls, mw=shake).prog

You can locate it anywhere, possibly the best place is your "\Programs\14 - Brass" folder.

It will play standard Forte trumpets till velo 105. Higher velocities will trigger the falls (note that notes < 65 don't have a fall, it's not possible in the trumpet). Then, using Mod Wheel will select the shakes. Keep in mind that like the guitars and others, mod wheel is set as a sample trigger so you need to move the wheel before playing the keys to switch.

-René

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel 2006/06/06 22:17:13 (permalink)
    Ask and ye shall receive!

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    dhaupert
    RE: Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel 2006/06/07 16:19:49 (permalink)
    You are so awesome Rene!! I can't wait to try it tonight. Hopefully it will be worth adding to the preset list so it's not just an easter egg for us 'boarders'!

dhaupert
    RE: Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel 2006/06/08 10:49:54 (permalink)
    Wow this sounds even better than I hoped! Thanks so much.

Is there a way to crossfade a set of samples, so that the shakes could happen as you change the mod wheel? I would think that capability would be very useful, and would make the 'shakes' more useful as you typical think of it after hitting the main note. I think there was a program that did that in there somewhere, so I think it must be possible.

René
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel 2006/06/08 12:15:21 (permalink)
    No problem, I'm glad you like it.

Sure there is. Crossfading samples can be done either using the Modulation matrix, or using sfz.
    However, the shake samples are unlooped in aras of realism (a trumpet player can't keep a shake for too long and still watch tv that same night), so if you'd start the crossfading say a second after note-on, they'd end too soon.

The matrix allows you to enter a delay before the sample plays after note-on, you could use it to compensate.

-René
    lawapa
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel 2006/06/08 20:34:24 (permalink)
    If you made Dpro multi timbral you could active the trumpet shake at any point. But then you'd have the trumpet and the shake going without a crossfade. You'd have to edit that in track after render.
    tanuki_x
    • Total Posts : 50
    RE: Trumpet with falls on velocity and shakes on mod wheel 2008/02/12 15:28:06 (permalink)
    Can anyone make this file available again?

http://www.rgcstuff.com/External/TrumpetComposite.zip went away with rgcstuff.com.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1