My new song to hear...check it out

Author
gtrplyr67
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
2006/06/06 21:30:20 (permalink)

My new song to hear...check it out

Finally bought a bass guitar and and wrote a song last weekend. Take a listen and tell me what you think. I really felt this one and I'm very proud of it as a self-taught guitarist. I burned it to CD and sounds great driving down the road! It's short and sweet. Don't shed a tear...Ha! Ha!

It's appropriately entitled
Saturday Afternoon

Enjoy!

8 Replies Related Threads

muso_price
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 496
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/07 18:17:24 (permalink)
    You must go for short drives. Sounds cool.

gtrplyr67
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/07 22:19:47 (permalink)
    It is kind of a short song and no I'm not trying to save on gas. I'll work on making it a longer song. Thanks for the input.
    frank_knox911
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/14 02:28:47 (permalink)
    Really nice job bud,real nice In a couple of weeks I should be getting my estaban black legacy acustic/electric guitar, its great i'm never gona put it down.I have been playing a cutaway acustic guitar sence high school.its time i upgrated the thing i want to know is how did you record that song i want to write and record my own songs in my spare room where i have set up a small studio I would like to record my mucic right on my computer so i can burn my own cds or upload them to my site.did you use SONAR Power Studio let me know..thanks bud and again nice job on that song would like to hear more email me anytime.chat soon
    check out my guitar I'm getting the black one real sweet. let me know what ya think
    http://www.estebanreviews.com/about.html

Frank knock
    Each new day is a gift from god , How you live it, Is your gift to him. God Bless & Take Care of yourself & eachother.

Check out me site at Myspace.com
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=7165921
    Zakk
    • Total Posts : 69
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/14 06:36:12 (permalink)
    hm.. very nice indeed... keep rockin in the free world!

altough i prefer the Lost in Love track!! sweet rockin eheheh

you think your songs are short? you should hear mine!!!! well... they are not actually songs.. more like sketches

cheers
    post edited by Zakk - 2006/06/14 06:49:40

Sonar HS 4
    Acer 1694 - 2Ghz Centrino - 1 GB RAM
    Audigy 2 ZS Pcmcia
    V-Amp 2
    THERAKED
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 283
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/14 18:16:26 (permalink)
    I dig it bro, great job!
    gtrplyr67
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/14 22:16:23 (permalink)
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm basically new to the PC recording world and I'm having a great time with all the opportunity to finally get my ideas recorded.

frank_knox911 wrote:
    how did you record that song i want to write and record my own songs in my spare room where i have set up a small studio I would like to record my mucic right on my computer so i can burn my own cds or upload them to my site.did you use SONAR Power Studio let me know

Everyone here in these forums tries to help out each other as much as they can. Especially for newbies, it can be a whole new world of not knowing how to get started. I'm not trying to sell you on anything, but, I use Guitar Tracks Pro 3 that runs for about $99 and is a great recording software program that includes up to 32 separate tracks of recording. Without having to mess around with a separate soundcard, I use a Line 6 TonePortUX1 for about $129 that plugs into your USB port of your computer then you plug your guitar into it. It's designed for you to be able to record Guitars, Bass and Vocals. I believe you can use a keyboard as well, though I've never tried. This comes with a software program called GearBox that offers you practically every tone your looking for, in my opinion. It has a multitude of effects that includes Distortion, Delay, Reverb, Chorus, EQ, Flanger, Phaser, etc. that when tweaked to your liking, you'll find the tone you love. It also includes several different cabinet models. There are certain system requirements, so make sure your computer is half way decent. Click on these links to check them out: Guitar Tracks Pro 3 and Line 6 TonePort

check out my guitar I'm getting the black one real sweet. let me know what ya think
    http://www.estebanreviews.com/about.html

I hope you enjoy your new guitar. It's always great to get another piece of music gear.

Good luck and have fun!

Surfguitarmy
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/22 21:37:15 (permalink)
    There are endless possibilities.

By the way, man. Nice songs. Very cool.

What did you use for drums?

My setup is very similary. I have an m-audio usb interface (external soundcard) that can connect a mic (I'm using a Shure M58--the best--99 bucks) and it can connect a guitar or bass. I used the program Fruity Loops to put all the drums together (99 bucks). You can make all the drums (very realistic) for your song using unlimited tracks in the Fruity Loops program. Set your level so it won't distort, do your pans, fades, etc. and get it all worked out. Then, open up guitar tracks and import. In fact, you can get a free demo of Fruity Loops and import your drums into guitar tracks. They sound realisitic (enough). And get this, after your drums are mixed in fruity loops, you can simply import them all into track one of guitar tracks. It's super easy.

Then, add your guitars, bass (if you dont' like Fruity's basses) and your vocals. Use a Shure M58 for vocals unless you get a USB interface with phantom power and get a condensor mic, which is supposedly better, but I've yet to use one.

Anyway, these days you can build a high-quality amateur studio for way under a thousand bucks (if you have the computer already).

gtrplyr67 is using the line 6 toneport, which gives better guitar software than the M-Audio, but it requires more computer ram, etc. M-audio's fasttrack only needs about 128ram, which everyone has and more. I don't have any problems. And Guitartracks gives you all the effects you need anyway.

Have fun.

You surf AND play guitar? You're a ladykiller!
    gtrplyr67
    RE: My new song to hear...check it out 2006/06/23 00:10:51 (permalink)
    What did you use for drums?

Actually, I use SessionLoops for my drums. They're pretty good. I'm kind of limited to crash hits though...I only have one cymbal crash loop that doesn't ring out. I've asked here in the forum before if anyone knew where I could get any free online crash hits, but, I didn't get a response.

Cheers!
    And thanks for checking out my tunes...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1