Dancing loops

Author
lawapa
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1144
2006/06/10 09:59:33 (permalink)

Dancing loops

First attempts are always just a tad crude Ok here's the scoop I uploaded a rapture patch called Dancing loops, 6 looped files play in consecutive order. I used the amp-eg to sequence these. Not the best way to do that. So after playing around with the step gens and tweaking the smooth function and timing /frequency I got something that works much smoother.

But I have no idea how to delete a upload to P5.com and then replace it with this much improved version. My bad here as I learn as I go along If anyone wants this if you display your email addy in profile and reply to this I will email you the update. It's loads in Rapture with 1 mb in display.

This new version works so much better and really sounds much smoother. The stepgens where designed to do this much better. It was just a case where I found out how to set the frequency to a fixed point so it wouldn't stream the sounds so fast it sounded choppy.

You can use this prog as a template and replace the loops with any sound be it a wave table or sfz or a loop from your collection and have a new sound fast. As both Dpro and Rapture are optimized for this. These are killer synths and you just need a little time in the pilots seat to understand just how fine they are. This has to be the smoothest wave sequencing function ever developed.
post edited by lawapa - 2006/06/10 10:10:41

1 Reply Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Dancing loops 2006/06/11 09:59:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: lawapa
    But I have no idea how to delete a upload to P5.com and then replace it with this much improved version. My bad here as I learn as I go along If anyone wants this if you display your email addy in profile and reply to this I will email you the update. It's loads in Rapture with 1 mb in display.

www.project5.com won't let you replace a file. You'll have to just upload the new version and comment on it.

Or, we could create another Rapture tip on the Project5 Wiki in the Rapture section and base it on your material and you can upload the improved version to the Wiki.

-Techead
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1