Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door...

Author
Frank@ProSounds
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
2006/06/16 20:11:09 (permalink)

Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door...

Yup...finally got ahold of this beauty! Installing it tonight!
I've got some Pro-Sounds work to do, but you can all now officially expect lots of presets, and maybe even a few sample-set addons from yours truly.
post edited by Frank@ProSounds - 2006/06/16 20:20:46

9 Replies Related Threads

Markus_Copol
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/16 21:05:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Frank@ProSounds

Yup...finally got ahold of this beauty! Installing it tonight!
    I've got some Pro-Sounds work to do, but you can all now officially expect lots of presets, and maybe even a few sample-set addons from yours truly.

Congraaaats Frank.

Let the formula begin now that frank is in charge. Its going to be awesome.
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/16 21:24:12 (permalink)
    Well Frank, I still haven't done my paypal renewal. Now you've gone and done it. I had a feeling you'd get around to it. Shall I say this is good news. I just found out that Dpro already has the bulk of GPO on board. So I'm not waiting for that release anymore as, well, it's mostly there. So where are Dpro's weak spots. Has a ton of the normal bread and butter sounds but I bet you have some great ideas in that department. Now I've got my radar up. What could you add? Maybe beef up the vocal department? Maybe? I think I'll let you get it installed before I start requesting more sample content ;)+)

holymoly
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 108
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/16 22:02:59 (permalink)
    Yo Frank...this is great news indeed! Good timing too right before the weekend...

ORIGINAL: lawapa

I just found out that Dpro already has the bulk of GPO on board.

lawapa - did I miss something here on GPO or am I misunderstanding you? I'm still waiting for Mike Prager to get back on the GPO topic as he said all the Cakewalk guys were talking about the full meal deal at the last big show they had. He said he was going to find out the status, but even bumping the thread asking him again...he has since to come back and that was now 2 weeks ago when he said he was going to let us know. Hmmm.... I don't know why all this stuff is so damn secret, so much so that it's starting to really irk me.

Here's that thread - look towards the bottom of the page:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=782250#
    Frank@ProSounds
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/16 22:03:09 (permalink)
    Thanx Guys!

@Lawapa: No, please, request away! I'd love to get as many ideas as possible. I am working on an Additive Synthesizer sample set right now, for Wusikstation Magzine's 3rd issue....It's mostly bread n butter type stuff...acoustic emulations...etc...but I could port it to SFZ format, and see how I can shape the source material within DPro...I know I could do some crazy things with it instituting DPro's multistage envelopes...I might make that a free release as a test run, though I'll have to figure out how to work out the bandwidth it would take.

Anyway, there will be a commercial sampleset/preset collection from Pro-Sounds in the future...so, again, I'd love to hear what people would like in a DPro collection.

Peace
    lawapa
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/17 09:02:17 (permalink)
    lawapa - did I miss something here on GPO or am I misunderstanding you

Rene simply stated in another post that the bulk of the GPO was already in Dpro and what was left out while desireable was not that much. I do have 3rd party sample content usuable in Dpro as SFZ format through the Awave conversion process. If at some later date GPO releases the remaining set to Dpro owners I'll take that wait a see what is offered approch.

Frank OK HERE GOES- Maybe port precissionsounds Cembalo, Lyra, Flutes, Pipes, Mandolin. You have worked with them before ;)+) These are desirable additions for me. As you can tell Unusual sets attract my attension. Any addition to Dpro's main set that enhances it's vesitility overall. This might be creative programing or new content alltogether. Your additive idea has me going yea This is an area I have interest in for sound creation. Since I have both Dpro and Rapture and I get excited about unique and different sounds. acoustic and well as synth based you could be very busy. But you are in position to see where Dpro might be enhanced along these lines. I'll trust your judgement as a working Dev as you are in a position to know what is availble and how best to bring it to Dpro and sfz.
    Frank@ProSounds
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/19 15:46:21 (permalink)
    Hi Lawapa,

Sorry for the delay....busy guy, as usual.

Anyway, to answer your questions/requests...Unfortunately, I'm not working with Precision Sound any time soon...schedule is just too full, and I don't want to be delaying their releases, as they have plenty of excellent sample-sets coming up. I understand what kind of sounds you're aiming for though, and I think I know someone I could team up with to put out a soundset like that for DPro and Ratpure. The Additive set will probably be free....sort of a test to see how people like it...and that's already started, so you can expect that out during the summer.

I'll keep everyone updated.
    René
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/19 15:57:45 (permalink)
    "Ratpure" ?

-René
    lawapa
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/19 20:14:33 (permalink)
    Man you do gota watch those tranpositions when spelling Rapture.

That sounds great Frank. Your z3ta banks have a great rep so I'll be most anxious to see what you come up with for Dpro/Rapture. I have faith you'll find the perfect sets to enhance the perfect synths.
    Frank@ProSounds
    RE: Guess Who Just Got a New Dimension Pro At Their Door... 2006/06/20 00:19:16 (permalink)
    Thanks Lawapa!

Sh*t...I did say Ratpure didn't I...... hehe, the funnier thing is that, when I saw Rene's response post, I didn't understand what he was talking about, because, when I looked at it the first time, it said "Rapture" to me. Don't mind me...I've been working with multipoint envelopes all day.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1