Quick K2 first thoughts

Author
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
2006/06/19 00:19:50 (permalink)

Quick K2 first thoughts

I got my copy Thursday night and haven't really had that much time to play with it.

The first thing I did was check out the demo songs and grooves included. They all sounded really bright to me.

There were also a list of VIP patches included (submitted by those who did the demo songs). I ran through a bunch of these and the quality varied considerably. In some cases the patch was just a groovesynth patch without any modifications. In others they at least added some effects to a psyn or groovesynth patch. There were a few patches which included completely new material (such as dropzone patches).

The DropZone sampler is a worthwhile inclusion. The included soundsets feature pad, bass, and piano sounds. There are only 5 piano sets (Bright, Dimension Mini, Dull, Honkey Tonk, and Velo Filtered), but they sound much better than one would expect given their 17MB size. The basses are very useable, as are many of the pads. A lot of the sounds in the pads category are stacked osc sounds that would go well in house tracks.

I haven't messed around much with the grid. It's not that much of a draw for me, but I can see where it could be useful.

I haven't yet messed around with the PowerStrip. It looks similar to the previous SpectraFX effect which came with older Cakewalk projects, but with a different set of presets. I couldn't find any information on which parameters the XY controller modified on which effect.

I've written about my VST issues in another thread, but once I got past those, I did not have any further issues.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1