Help..problem with MIDI Keyboard

Author
PMS
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/06/20 15:43:31 (permalink)

Help..problem with MIDI Keyboard

OK maybe I am missing a huge step but here is my issue...I just bought Music Creator and a MIDI keyboard. My computer did not have a MIDI connection on it so I bought a USB MIDI Cable (Turtle Beach MIDI). When I start MC and arm the track and set the keyboard to the appropriate channel....nothing is recorded...am I supposed to hear something as well?. This is starting to get frustrating.

I've been succesful inporting audio but this MIDI thing is driving me up the wall

Heather M

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Help..problem with MIDI Keyboard 2006/06/20 18:48:52 (permalink)
    Heather, go to OPTIONS>MIDI DEVICES and make sure your keyboard is selected as an input.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Help..problem with MIDI Keyboard 2006/06/20 19:36:09 (permalink)
    With midi the connection chain is everything, the keyboard sends midi data to the USB port, that port must be set as the midi input in MC, then the midi will record there, yet to actually hear something, you need to then route the midi data output to a synth of some kind, either a hardware synth, like the keyboard, or to a softsynth inside the computer like the synth chip in the sound card or Microsoftsynth GS, or edirol.

If it is sent back to the keyboard, the output must be the USB port and then the keyboard should play thru it's own speakers, or is an audio cable is attached from the audio out on the keyboard to the line in on the sound cad the computer speakers can sound.

If you use a internal synth or a softsynth then it must have a path to the speakers. The sound cards synth will be pre set for that, Microsoftsynth GS will also go directly to the sound card, if the sound card is setup as the computers audio device. If you choose to use softsynths like edirol or dreamstation, then those have to be placed in the synth rack and then an audio track will be assigned as the output to that and it will send to the sound card.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1