Irritated

Author
Gregor Thor
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2006/06/21 16:17:57 (permalink)

Irritated

I've done everything i know to get this software running. I've read the manuel several times, gone through the CDs, and came to this board. I still haven't a clue as to how this software works. Now I've been around computers for some time now, but this stuff boggles my mind! Does it have any pre-installed drums, sound effects, or any sounds.
post edited by Gregor Thor - 2006/06/21 16:32:38

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Irritated 2006/06/21 18:32:34 (permalink)
    No "preinstalled drums" available in MC or SHS. that should have been clear on the description of the package or the download site.

I think MC comes with a limited set of waves and midis as SHS does. Look in WINDOWS EXPLORER under the following directory:
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\CAKEWALK\[MUSIC CREATOR]\
    this is where the TUTUORIALS and SAMPLE CONTENT folders are located. look inside the sample folders if you have it.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Irritated 2006/06/21 19:06:38 (permalink)
    Greg, i feel your pain brotha' but really it is rather simple if you break it down. To hear audio you need a clear path to the speakers. If you have a wave file or MP3 in a track in MC then that must output thru a sound card to the speakers attached, if it does not, then there is a break in the signal chain, either the program is not setup to see the sound card as the output device, or the sound card is not functioning. go to options/audio and check to see if the sound card is listed as the playback and recording device, next go to start/control panel/sound and audio devices/ and check to see if the sound card is recognized, if so make sure that under record and playback the volume sliders are up. If that does not work i have to say that there is a problem in the computer.
    also please be very clear on what is audio and what is midi, midi will not make sound if running thru an audio chain, it needs a synthesizer of some kind in the middle of the signal chain before the audio output and after the track.

I do not have the rest of your specs so i can only guess, maybe you posted the computer specs in another post, but i do not even know what sound card you have. Remember that most of the built in sound cards are very inadequate when it comes to recording and mixing audio.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1