Hey René, Dimension Pro and Rapture???

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
lawapa
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1144
RE: Hey René, Dimension Pro and Rapture??? 2006/06/28 21:35:22 (permalink)
Hmmm. The .sfz format is how your patch is saved, AFAIK

Nope; the program or prog saved when you edit Rapture/Dpro in not sfz. But both will load an SFZ. Into 1 element.

Browse to the samples folder in Dpro. Each instrument has many samples, and each is defined by the sfz format. And each will load into 1 element. But it is not a prog. it can be used in a prog but it is not a prog. You can use a single sample from any instrument with Dpro/Rapture and load that as an element. Or you can use the sfz which has all the samples defined for an instrument.
mewsicknerd
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 435
RE: Hey René, Dimension Pro and Rapture??? 2006/06/29 20:15:45 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: lawapa

Hidden in the sfz format is a power that goes just a tad further. Hard to explain because if you have never assembled sample sets and keymapped then to a plain sampler then you don't understand what can be done within the format of a synth.

Hi lawapa,

You could explain in context of VSampler which at one time was bundled with some version of Sonar.

I'm really curious about what you mean by "hidden".

Are the best predefined patches for either Dimension or Rapture not possible to rebuild by using the GUI alone? Must one manually build .sfz definitions to duplicate the best patches which were bundled with the synths?

Or is your point just that there is something there if you delve into .sfz?

Just to be clear, my intent is not at all argument but genuine interest. Thanks.
lawapa
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1144
RE: Hey René, Dimension Pro and Rapture??? 2006/06/29 20:45:00 (permalink)
Or is your point just that there is something there if you delve into .sfz?

This is my only point. Much can be done with the gui. But more can be done with sfz.

Example: A acoustic instrument sample set that contains no velocity layers but has 12 individual wavefiles keymapped out using sfz. Only 6 elements so you'd run out of room before mapping it out in the gui. but it loads as sfz in one element.

I will venture to say most if not all progs in the factory set could be implimented using sfz with slight allowance for a very few features not accesable using sfz. I'm not sure what those features are just yet but I'm working on it. I do not have the master list of unaccesable features.

It is cetainly possible to make a very fat synth sound using the gui and 6 elements but if you could reduce that to a single element using sfz why would you not

And last but not least is the sequencing thing. Using sfz you can use not only wavefiles but wavetables in the same sfz. setting loop points, delay you can in effect sequence sound for a patch. Now I have done this without rapture. But using sfz I can combine, offset, delay, pan and well do some increadible stuff exceeding the gui limits many fold for one sound. And it loads into one element.

I have not broke Rapture yet And as far as I can tell it can't be broken using sfz.
post edited by lawapa - 2006/06/29 20:57:07
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1