MC 3 - MIDI Ouptputs OK, MIDIinputs not OK

Author
franfiddle
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/06/24 12:28:06 (permalink)

MC 3 - MIDI Ouptputs OK, MIDIinputs not OK

I recently purchased Music Creator 3 to record music from a Roland piano keyboard. I downloaded the driver and connected the keyboard using a USB A to B cable and selected the Roland as my MIDI inputs and MIDI ouputs. The keyboard will play outputs such as the MC metronome or music samples but but I am unable to record music going from the keyboard to MC.

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: MC 3 - MIDI Ouptputs OK, MIDIinputs not OK 2006/06/24 14:49:36 (permalink)
    Hey, franfiddle! glad you found the forum!

OK - first of all, are you trying to record on an audio track with your keyboard? If so, you have the connections wrong. in order to record the sounds of your keyboard, you only need to connect an audio patch cable from your keyboard output (probably labelled headphones) to the mic or line input of your sound card.

if you're trying to record midi, you need to make sure that you are arming a MIDI track to record, not an audio. your input to your midi track should be your keyboard (+omni)

if you are recording midi - you need to make sure you can hear midi. open tutorial1.cwp and try to play it. if you can't hear anything, then we need to work on your midi output.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: MC 3 - MIDI Ouptputs OK, MIDIinputs not OK 2006/06/24 17:19:09 (permalink)
    make sure the midi track has the usb port as the input, then make sure that the keyboard and the midi track are both set to the same channel, then If you want the midi to sound the keyboards own sounds the midi output must be the usb port.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1