Rapture drums -- where'd they go?

Author
malsip
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2006/06/24 21:21:14 (permalink)

Rapture drums -- where'd they go?

Sorry, searched the forums first and can't find an answer...

I'm a new Rapture user. Rapture works great with Music Creator and my Korg keyboard EXCEPT for the drum programs. No more than 2 or 3 keys on my Korg actually produce sounds for any of the drum programs (always the lowest notes on the keyboard -- C3, D3, etc).

All of the other programs (the pads, sequences, keys, etc.) work just fine. Every key on my Korg keyboard produces a sound when struck.

This seems like some kind of mapping problem but I can't find anything in the help. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious (?) Thanks for any help...

4 Replies Related Threads

Melvin J
    • Total Posts : 31
    RE: Rapture drums -- where'd they go? 2006/06/24 21:39:41 (permalink)
    Ditto this.
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Rapture drums -- where'd they go? 2006/06/24 22:15:08 (permalink)
    Nope: No problem Rapture has just a few electronic drum sounds. Very few ;)+) But Dpro on the other hand has tons of drum sounds. All acoustic, ethnic percussion stuff. Smartloops has downloadable sfz mapped sounds you can load up in Rapture . I think this is because Rapture was optimized to do fancy synth sounds. It has no sample content and yet you can load up all the sample content you wish to, using rapture.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture drums -- where'd they go? 2006/06/25 00:28:08 (permalink)
    The drum presets are done with one element each - so there are only 6 of them. They are also voiced for one key. Load up a preset and do a run on the bottom keys. You'll find them.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    malsip
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Rapture drums -- where'd they go? 2006/06/26 23:18:59 (permalink)
    Thanks all for the good information. I guess I was expecting something like the software synths that come with Music Creator, which seem to have a drum kit mapped across a broad range of the MIDI keyboard. I must admit it looks like I'll have a lot more flexibility by building on the Rapture drum presets (I've just gotta do my homework to figure out how to do it...)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1