Does Anybody Know How to Tweak Latency in Sonar

Author
dubbslane
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2006/07/08 18:00:49 (permalink)

Does Anybody Know How to Tweak Latency in Sonar

Hi everybody!!!

i am trying to record and i am using a M-Audio Mobile Pre soundcard. When i try to record the wave picture is so far behind the actuall recording that it never catches up with the sound. Meaning if i record for 1:10 the picture cache only shows about 47seconds of recording. But the things that gets me is that even though you only can see 47 seconds of the picture. you can hear the full 1:10 recording. but you can't see it or delete it. can anyone please help me. i can't record at the moment. i think it is the latency since sonar and moblie pre both have built in latency. or could it be that my mobile pre is not compatiable with sonar? or something i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dubbs Lane

2 Replies Related Threads

Clydewinder
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 941
    RE: Does Anybody Know How to Tweak Latency in Sonar 2006/07/08 18:51:36 (permalink)
    hmmm i never heard of anyone having 23 seconds of latency, usually it's less than 23 milliseconds.

do this first:

select WDM drivers in the options/audio page.

select a reasonable sample rate ( 44.1khz probably )

set buffers to "2"

turn off "dither" and "64 bit double precision"

run the Wave Profiler.

set the latency slider in the middle somewhere. you can slide this to the left later on when you are recording.

now load up your project or just import a wave file into an audio track and play it back. is it working properly with these settings?

The Poodle Chews It.

dubbslane
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Does Anybody Know How to Tweak Latency in Sonar 2006/07/08 21:21:47 (permalink)
    i will try that. thanks for the response. i hope you check later just in case i need some more stuff.

Dubbs Lane
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1