Win Free iZotope Music Software

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
SteveJL
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4644
RE: Win Free iZotope Music Software 2006/07/20 19:55:00 (permalink)
Giving this one a little nudge in case some may be interested in the actual topic

Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
RE: Win Free iZotope Music Software 2006/07/20 21:25:34 (permalink)
Marsha Marsha Marsha! ........Scott, Scott Scott!........... Ha! I crack myself up

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

garrigus
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8599
RE: Win Free iZotope Music Software 2006/07/21 17:32:32 (permalink)
Wow! I didn't know my little topic was going to draw such a response. Well, I'm glad to hear most people here enjoy what I do and want to hear about the great things we're doing over at DigiFreq. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. And those who've been here long enough know how much I've contributed to the Cakewalk community and the music community in general. Thanks to all who have shown their support! I really appreciate it. And now for some individual responses...

Hi Wicked -- Thanks! I try my best to help out when I can. Even if I hadn't written any books, I think I've done a lot of good with DigiFreq over the years.

Hi Harmony Gardens -- Thanks! It's my pleasure and I'll continue to keep you and everything informed about all the cool music technology stuff going on. Glad to hear you're enjoying the newsletter!

Hi Attalus -- Thanks! I think the same way. If you don't like it, don't read it. Luckily, most people like what I do. By the way, I've got this new product coming out that will let you lose 50 lbs in 10 days! Just kidding!

Hi Corey -- Thanks! Yeah, just say no to naysayers... hmmm... maybe I should use that as a new slogan.

Hi Steve -- Thanks! Yep, and I really appreciate all your help in spreading the word. It helps to keep me motivated when I get nice replies like yours and the others here.

Hi Eric -- Thanks! I appreciate that 'Attaboy' from Marion, Ohio. I can always use a nice pat on the back.

Hi Paul -- Thanks! I definitely feel welcome, especially now after having gotten such a great response to this.

Hi Stratcat -- Thanks! You rock too!

Hi JDW -- Thanks! Man, that brings me back. Cakewalk Power... can't believe it's been that long already. An SAW Studio book would probably be cool, but I've never used it. I wonder how many users there are...

Hi Robomusic -- Thanks! Yes, I like to think that Cakewalk and I are helping each other. They have helped me out a lot and I definitely appreciate it. And I also think I've helped Cakewalk out a lot because I spread the word as much as possible. I love their products.

Hi Papa -- Thanks! I couldn't have said it better myself. I can't even count the number of questions I've answered in all the time I've been doing this gig. Thousands... And my newsletter and site offer great info and their FREE! Who can complain about that? And you're right... I reply when people have already mentioned my name or books and are looking for instructional info. I think I may have announced each book once when they came out, but that's it. Otherwise, its in replies to others who have already started talking about them.

Hi Chasekh -- Thanks! That's true. I think all questions are legitimate. We all had to start somewhere and we all know it can be frustrating when you're new at this stuff. I try to help when I can.

Hey Steve -- You be on the Pauly Superscreen info. I have one and it works great. Glad I could help!

Hi Stephen -- Thanks! I appreciate your support too and I'm glad to have you as a member over at the DigiFreq Forums. The more the merrier!

Hi Artsoul -- Thanks! I try to be as helpful as possible. What did you have in mind in terms of more Sonar video coverage? Feel free to drop me an e-mail.

Hi APC3 -- Thanks! I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying DigiFreq. Yep, it's a good idea to visit the DigiFreq home page at least every other day because we're posting lots of great stuff there regularly. As a matter of fact, a new update just went up. Have fun!

Hi Mody -- Thanks! Did you get your free newsletter issue? If not, let me know. Sometimes the e-mail services will filter out newsletters by mistake.

Hi Lay In Wait -- Thanks! You said it... that person seems to like to follow me around like a stalker. Its very strange. But hey, if he wants to keep pushing my topics to the top of the list, that's cool.

Hi Don -- Thanks! By the way, sorry for the late reply, I just got around to replying to your other topic.

Hi Steve -- You can say that again. I spend a lot of time helping people and lots of time developing DigiFreq. I'm paying the bills but not making a great living and definitely not getting rich. I make about $1 or $2 per book. I'm going to try some new things soon and hopefully that will change. I could easily be like most other authors and simply write the books and do nothing else.

Hi Deleter -- Thanks! I make sure any links I post are relevant to the conversation.

Hey again Steve -- Thanks for the nudge! The contest runs till the end of the month so feel free to nudge it again later, if you'd like.

Hi Mooch -- Thanks! LOL! I needed that laugh.

Thanks so much for all your support, Everyone!

Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk, Sound Forge and Sound Forge 6, SONAR 1, 2, 3, 4 and Sound Forge 8 Power! books. ** Sonar 5 Power The Comprehensive Guide - Now Available! ** Books up to 37% off at:
http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq. Win free iZotope music software and learn cool music technology tips and techniques by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... over 19,000 readers can't be wrong! Go to:
http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/
garrigus
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8599
RE: Win Free iZotope Music Software 2006/07/24 10:47:47 (permalink)
Just giving this another bump since the contest will end in about a week...

Good luck!
Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk, Sound Forge and Sound Forge 6, SONAR 1, 2, 3, 4 and Sound Forge 8 Power! books. ** Sonar 5 Power The Comprehensive Guide - Now Available! ** Books up to 37% off at:
http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq. Win free iZotope music software and learn cool music technology tips and techniques by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... over 19,000 readers can't be wrong! Go to:
http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/
xavier onassis
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
RE: Win Free iZotope Music Software 2006/07/24 13:24:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Blades

Well...I usually try not to get involved, and I know that Scott's been around a while, and I know he's part of this community even if ONLY because he wrote boooks about software we use, and I had to actually take a look before just jumping on the "slam Sid for his opinion that Scott's posts are spam". I can't jump on him, cause from a cursory look, he's right.

Do a forum search for "you might want to check out my" (blah blah blah book). Unfortunately, 96 of his 700 posts come back with this phrase in some flavor. Also, in a read of a number of Scott's posts, which is what made me use this particular search term, and aside from the thanks for kudos comments, it seems that most of his posts center on promotion of his book, website, or newsletter. It really doesn't seem like there's much in the advice category.

Granted, when this phase comes up, it's often related to someone asking for materials to read/watch, but it's also often not.

I don't think Garrigus is a spammer or really intends to be, but, like an old Sweetwater rep who used to get beaten on around here (actually the newgroup, I think) beacause of his Sweetwter pushes to sell product, it sure looks like this forum is a sales tool to some degree, dressed as a helpful individual.

Just a few of my cents.

Since I started this madness I haven't been back. I did read through the threads and thought to add to this. I never gave the slightest feeling that Scott isn't helpful. I didn't ever give the slightest feeling that he is not welcome or helpful and never told him to go away. These are conclusions that different people came up with themselves. I just don't like him selling his products here. It would be like if JMarkham or Michael Japan or Ed Mc or Ohhey or Charley or Chaz or Jonas were to after giving their "expertise" to throw in a plug, "and your music can sound like this too if you....." Most of these guys are making good music and passing on their tips. But this is different. You can feel it. I feel like Iam in the presence of a salesman. I come here to relax. I am not picking on the person, it is the method. Yes, I can ignore it as suggested, but I feel it would be better if we just saw the tips and that was it.

People who are raised in meager circumstances and have to work for everything they acquire end up with much more than those to whom it is handed on a silver platter.
We grow strong in our struggles.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1