Product Use Question

Author
geosinger
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/07/22 12:57:35 (permalink)

Product Use Question

Hello and hoping for some advice:

I am a novice, or rather a person that has not had lots of formal training in music per se, but has been singing a capella for the last 15 years or so. While I can kinda read my music in a sight-reading exercise, I have generally used music products like the old midisoft Studio to enter four part harmonies in from sheet music, note by note, to be able to then play back and hear each of the tracks separately to learn parts (I usually learn both baritone and tenor parts).

I am wondering whether Music Creator 3 is a program that I should purchase to replace an ancient program that I no longer can even load on a new PC.

I am not at this time envisioning using this to enter midi type inputs, but mostly mouse and keyboard entry.

Thanks and any suggestions on any other pertinent product would be welcomed if I am really off base on MC3.

GWK......

1 Reply Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Product Use Question 2006/07/22 14:14:27 (permalink)
    You can accomplish what you are doing with MIDIsoft in MC3, however, it may be a bit of a learning curve. MC does not do MIDI only, it's a Digital Audio Workstation and does much more than what you're after. I would suggest you also look at Myriad Harmony Assistant for $70, or Nueratron Photoscore MIDI. The light version is only $24. With Photoscore, you can scan sheet music and it creates a MIDI file that can be played.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1