SOUND LEVELS

Author
1larry@bresnan.net
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/07/24 18:12:04 (permalink)

SOUND LEVELS

I have had this issue for awhile now I have Sonar Producer 5 a tascam us428 and a windows XP machine to start
the issue is this everytime I export out to make a master the levels are all perfect in sonar, but when its exported out to windows it drops the sound by either half or drastically enough that you have to turn up the volume on any stereo that on a normal cd is reaaaaaly loud.
Does anyone have this issue ? I have been pulling my hair out over this because I have to take it in a wave editor for now and boost the volume up by a notch or two but thats ok when you only do one demo for some but when you do a whole album its a big pain to sit and match each song and doesnt garuntee that it will sound the same .
Anyone know why this happens when you export out in sonarproducer 5 ?
thanks
--L

2 Replies Related Threads

Rev. Jem
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1723
    RE: SOUND LEVELS 2006/07/24 23:22:47 (permalink)
    Two things (at least) come to mind:

In which app are you playing the exported audio ? You may have "options" such as WMP's WOW/SRS activated. Disable all of them.

Check the manual so that you fully understand Sonar's Export function & its various options.
    Kicker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 477
    RE: SOUND LEVELS 2006/07/25 19:56:47 (permalink)
    Larry,

The export function can be a little complex. The way that I use it is to put the master fader at 0db, then choose the master bus as the only export source. Make sure that you have all of the boxes checked off too.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1