Sfz+, Sonitus VST issues

Author
ttoz
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 417
2006/08/02 07:36:39 (permalink)

Sfz+, Sonitus VST issues

Hi, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated "effects forum" here. I didn't think "the directx files" one was appropriate, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I am looking at getting a dual core system and it seems that sfz+ itself is incompatible with dual cores...I have been trying to get an update about this in the rgc forum at kvraudio but am only getting deafening silence, since Cakewalk now owns RGC..

I mean they have updated sfz FREEWARE to work with dual cores for Sonar users. when we will see an update for sfz+?

The SECOND QUESTION;

Cakewalk PLEASE fix the Sonitus VST versions so they can be AUTOMATED in vst hosts!

I told Rune at Ultrafunk about this and his answer was "now that the plugs are owned by cakewalk, i will be doing no further fixes" This was years ago when the buyout had only just been announced.

In Tracktion 2 only 2 of the 8 plugins are automatable, ths is because apparently they parameters have to have their "flags set to enable automation"

It is really frustrating not to be able to automate the surround, or flanger for example..I am a registered ultrafunk user and I know wvwn though I will get the DX versions when I buy Sonar again, that's not the point, as it's still a $300 suite of effects i would like to be able to use properly in other hosts!

4 Replies Related Threads

ttoz
    RE: Sfz+, Sonitus VST issues 2006/08/05 12:44:38 (permalink)
    Comeon for cryin out loud...i was ignored postng this in the sonar forum, was suggested to post it here, and i am being ignored again. And particularly about sfz+, I have been ignored at the rgc forum at kvr too.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Sfz+, Sonitus VST issues 2006/08/05 15:46:25 (permalink)
    The freeware version of sfz has not been updated, the issues with dual-core processors are still there. The only version which was updated was SONAR bundled version.

I don't really know when sfz+ will be updated, but I suggest you to give Technical Support a call. They might have a workaround waiting for you.

-René
    ttoz
    RE: Sfz+, Sonitus VST issues 2006/08/06 10:01:13 (permalink)
    Thanks Rene, I AM about to by Sonar 5 so that confirms that with a multicore I will have problems with sfz+ at this stage. sfz is no good to me because you dont have access to adsr or effects controls.

Now nothing to do with you Rene, but if someone from Cakewalk could comment on the Ultrafunk automation issue. It' been there for YEARS!
    Shayne White
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 306
    RE: Sfz+, Sonitus VST issues 2006/08/06 20:40:22 (permalink)
    There's an SFZ player that comes with Sonar!? Why have I never seen it??

Granted, it probably doesn't do me much good, since I have Rapture...

Shayne
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1