Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions

Author
pmm
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2006/08/03 16:52:24 (permalink)

Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions

Hi. I'm having trouble with ACID Pro 6a throwing exceptions when using Rapture. This pretty much only started after I installed and started using the Extension Pack programs.

The error dialogue in ACID says .\Portable\ReWireDLL.cpp(895): VERIFY failure.

It happens at different times. Sometimes when I try to insert an instance of Rapture. Sometimes when I try to load a project with Rapture instances. Sometimes, after closing a Rapture window, when I then try to re-open it. Sometimes when trying to re-assign the program in a Rapture instance.

And, though I haven't tested this all that extensively, it does seem like every time it happens is when certain Extension Pack programs are assigned to the Rapture instance in question. I can't remember which ones -- all of them -- but one of them is 'LSD Diver,' and some of the others are pretty close by.

I can't imagine this is a memory problem. I have oodles of it.

Has anyone else seen this?

Any advice or ideas?

Oh, and if this is strictly an ACID issue, I apologize. I have already asked for help from Sony, but have heard back nothing useful yet.

8 Replies Related Threads

SuperGreenX
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 973
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/09 15:23:32 (permalink)
    I've been using ACID Pro 6 and Rapture a bit with no problems.

".\Portable\ReWireDLL.cpp(895): VERIFY failure. "

That suggests something is up with your rewire system. Are you using a program rewired with ACID? You've restarted your PC since this has been happening, right?

I sometimes get crap like that if Reason doesn't close correctly when rewired or something weird happens and the rewire engine is still running. Times when I've had continuous rewire problems, I was able to fix the problem by just reinstalling each rewire app one by one until the issue was fixed.

It is odd that you're getting this in conjunction with Rapture which has nothing to do with rewire.

I'd just suggest reinstalling ACID. That's my guess right now.

pmm
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/09 15:51:31 (permalink)
    I did not have any trouble at all using Rapture with ACID at first, but then this started happening.

I am not using any rewired programs with ACID, but FWIW, someone from Sony said the ReWireDLL error message is erroneous, i.e., it does not really mean the error is coming from the rewire system.

I have reinstalled ACID. And of course I have cold booted numerous times since the problem started. So far nothing has helped. It is quite the mystery.

Thanks, BTW, for the reply.

Anyway, I guess the next thing to try is reinstalling Rapture?
    bnmoore
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/10 01:37:36 (permalink)
    You could try the ACID 6.0b update. Supposedly there are a few bug fixes for plug-ins.

Ben N. Moore
    pmm
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/10 04:05:20 (permalink)
    Hey. Thanks Ben. I didn't see that update last time I checked, but that's probably been a couple of weeks or so.

Anyhow, I'm now in communication with Madison Media's 'Principal Software Engineer.' One would hope he might mention it if the 6.0b update would fix it, but I'm sure he's very busy and you just never know.

Maybe it will do the trick.

Thanks again.
    SuperGreenX
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 973
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/10 10:24:03 (permalink)
    Hmm. Then I have no clue what the problem is. Hopefully I don't run into this myself!

Oooh. The 6.0b is out? Gonna go grab that.

fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/10 12:16:46 (permalink)
    You may want to read this: http://www.kvraudio.com/index.php?s=main#news5751

It says something about plugins and exceptions.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    pmm
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/12 01:17:51 (permalink)
    Well ... installed 6.0b. Did not help any. Reinstalled Rapture from scratch. Ditto.

One thing I am fairly sure of now, though, is that the only time I've seen this exception is with some of the new Expansion Pack 1 programs -- specifically, with some (many) of the programs under the 'Film Textures & FX' section. I set up a new project last night and played around to my heart's content with all the default programs that come with Rapture, opening and closing Rapture Windows at will and so forth, and had no problems whatsoever; but then, when I went to the 'File Tex' section and loaded the very first program, i.e., Ambient Falls, as soon as I closed and tried to reopen the Rapture window, away we went into \Portable\ReWireDLL.cpp(895): VERIFY failure land. Subsequent tests indicate many of the programs found in that section cause the exception, especially when assigned to the first instance of Rapture after having closed the Rapture window and attempting to re-open. In fact, for me, it always throws an exception when I do this.

I have an Opteron system and so am starting to wonder if there might be some conflict between these programs and something to do with the processors.

Meanwhile, I did a profile with Dependency Walker and sent it off to Madison Media's software guys along with specific steo-by-step on how to reproduce the exception. Cakewalk is going to need to be sure those guys can get access to the Expansion Pack 1 programs though or they probably won't be able to reproduce the trouble.

Anyway, I guess I can still get along pretty well with akk the other programs ... so long as the problem remains isolated to those mentioned, but I like some of that stuff (and I really haven't tested everything extensively enough to really know if the problem will eventually prove to extend beyond those programs or not), so I still wouldn't mind finding a solution sometime soon.

And thanks to all for the replies.

Anybody got any more ideas or advice?
    pmm
    RE: Rapture / ACID throwing exceptions 2006/08/14 18:58:31 (permalink)
    Postscript: just in case it might be an acronym for something, the 'akk' above was supposed to be the word 'all', as in 'all the other programs' ... i.e., it was a typo, not some slur about the other programs ...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1