HELP A NEWBEEE PLEASE... NEED YOU PRO's ADVICE

Author
melvin22
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2006/08/11 17:55:34 (permalink)

HELP A NEWBEEE PLEASE... NEED YOU PRO's ADVICE

I use my MIDI keyboard Casio CTK-611 to connect to my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy II Platinum. Which has MIDI in/out, - Optical in/out/ - , - SPDIF in/out - , - Aux in/out / - , Line 1 in , headphones out, and many other imputs in the internal sound card which faces the rear of the PC.
The Front of the Sound card (front face to the PC) has all the other jacks available.

I connected the MIDI in and out to the MIDI keyboard and PC MIDI ports respectively.
I set up sonar MIDI by chance playing around with it, “not knowing exactly which ports to pick” although I had an idea…..
Now I get MIDI data when I record on a MIDI Track, but Its mute…. Its mute in real time… so I don’t hear what I’m playing… but its mute for playback as well…

I am getting the the MIDI data … I could see it …. I could even edit it …. But don’t hear it…
This is my first time setting the MIDI with Sonar…
I have not assign an instrument yet… How do you assign the instrument… can I use Sonar as a synthesizer and hear my MIDI keyboard as a Grand Piano, or Brite Piano; perhaps a base or any other instrument…
How do I make it sound????

Please help …
Thank you
Melvin Polanco

1 Reply Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: HELP A NEWBEEE PLEASE... NEED YOU PRO's ADVICE 2006/08/11 19:17:51 (permalink)
    Melvin,

welcome to the club. You are using Sonar, or home sonar or one of those programs, it sounds like.

You'll have to "insert" a softsynth using the insert command at the top. Sonar comes with a bunch of different softsynths - it depends on which version you bought. There should be the native DXI synths listed, along with Rewire and VSTi. THere are a ton of VSTi synths, if you have the adaptor (which sonar does now). Just insert one of the DXI or get RGCaudio's free SFZ player (do a search). It will play soundfonts - samples. You can do a search for the soundfonts too. There are plenty of free ones on the internet.

You should be good to go after that. Insert will bring up 2 tracks - one for the midi/softsyth and the other for the audio output. Kind of awkward, but don't get confused about the two tracks. Just set all your midi info on the midi track.

hope this helps.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1