• Total Posts : 1161
2006/08/31 00:46:08 (permalink)

New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins

http://forum.cakewalk.com/m.asp?m=843318

8 Replies Related Threads

dantarbill
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1820
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/13 12:55:37 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: whitefalcon

http://forum.cakewalk.com/m.asp?m=843318

I tried out some of the Dimension skins that were floating around. I even followed the directions where it said...

Back up your resource directory and copy the files in there.

But, one time when I put the old stuff back, I must have done a cut and paste from the backup directory, instead of a COPY. The problem NOW is that the resource files that came with the new skins weren't up to date, so there's a bunch of text resource strings that are missing.

Is there any way that I can get the original resource files for the latest version of Dimension Pro WITHOUT having to resort to a reinstall? Just the TextResources.cwres file would be a great help if you don't want to zip up the whole thing.

Dan Tarbill
    whitefalcon
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/16 19:24:51 (permalink)
    Oh thats a tough one.
    Your right you must have saved the replaced directory instead of the origional.
    It does not take a long time I would recommend doing an uninstall and then do a clean install.
    It will take you less then 30 minutes to do this and its the best solution to this dilemna your facing.
    The resources in the skins I created are from the latest builds so should be current.
    Good luck.
    Whitefalcon
    dantarbill
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1820
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/16 23:36:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: whitefalcon

Oh thats a tough one.
    Your right you must have saved the replaced directory instead of the origional.
    It does not take a long time I would recommend doing an uninstall and then do a clean install.
    It will take you less then 30 minutes to do this and its the best solution to this dilemna your facing.
    The resources in the skins I created are from the latest builds so should be current.
    Good luck.
    Whitefalcon

I reran the DimensionPro1[1].2Updater.exe (which didn't take long at all) and it fixed the problem. You may want to look at your resource files again. The TextResources.cwres file that came out of the updater is dated 03/21/2006 (11,488 bytes). Yours were from back in 2005. (Or maybe it was the ones from "lostsheep"...).

Anyway...I back in business. Thanks.

Dan Tarbill
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/23 10:11:32 (permalink)
    hey whitefalcon, are you still including the text files in with your images? rene pointed that out earlier when pro came out. I didnt realize it at the time, being new to the skinning thing...but all you need is the replacement images for the new skins.

the text files are not needed. just the images.

whitefalcon
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/23 20:29:39 (permalink)
    I reran the DimensionPro1[1].2Updater.exe (which didn't take long at all) and it fixed the problem. You may want to look at your resource files again. The TextResources.cwres file that came out of the updater is dated 03/21/2006 (11,488 bytes). Yours were from back in 2005. (Or maybe it was the ones from "lostsheep"...).

Anyway...I back in business. Thanks.

Glad you are back in business again... WF
    whitefalcon
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/23 20:33:43 (permalink)
    hey whitefalcon, are you still including the text files in with your images? rene pointed that out earlier when pro came out. I didnt realize it at the time, being new to the skinning thing...but all you need is the replacement images for the new skins.

the text files are not needed. just the images.

Yes I copied all the files from the Resource directory. Sounds like all I need is the graphics files and you leave the other files there.
    Rene, so to make it easier for these guys to use the skins we create all we need then is the graphics files and just have them save over the same name graphics in the resource directory?
    Anyway I can save up new graphics only versions and put them up on the Project 5 site if there is a problem with the files that are there now, let me know..
    Whitefalcon
    lost sheep
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/25 12:44:30 (permalink)
    Dan, sorry to hear about your problems. These files were posted quite some time ago (in software terms). My skins do have the .cwres files in the zips which should be deleted.

WF I dont have any way to edit my zips can you edit them?

I would say DimPro has changed some of the labelling since my files were created, I won't be upgrading them so they can be deleted rather than editing if you want.
    whitefalcon
    RE: New Whitefalcon Dimension Pro and Rapture Skins 2006/09/26 22:09:58 (permalink)
    Dan, sorry to hear about your problems. These files were posted quite some time ago (in software terms). My skins do have the .cwres files in the zips which should be deleted.

WF I dont have any way to edit my zips can you edit them?

I would say DimPro has changed some of the labelling since my files were created, I won't be upgrading them so they can be deleted rather than editing if you want.

I will check into fixing yours, I will have to load it once its fixed in the same way I put mine up there, it would have to appear as if it were a song but I will put your name on it...
    Whitefalcon
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1