PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!!

Author
DjSpindex10
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2006/09/06 18:57:49 (permalink)

PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!!

ALRIGHT GUYS CHECK IT OUT...

IM A DJ FROM MIAMI AND I NEED UR HELP...I JUST BOUGHT THIS PROGRAM TO START MAKING MY OWN BEATS AND STUFF LIKE THAT, NOTHING TOO BIG...I JUST WANTED TO GIVE IT A TEST RUN. BUT I CANT EVEN DO THAT! I KEEP READING THE INSTRUCTIONS AND I SAW THE ENTIRE TUTORIAL AND STILL NOTHING. I TRIED EVEN PLAYING THE SAMPLE SONGS THAT COME WITH THE SOFTWARE AND FOR SOME REASON THERE IS NO SOUND COMING OUT OF MY SPEAKERS WHEN IT PLAYS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG WITH MY PROGRAM. I WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE MIDI PROCESS BUT I DONT EVEN KNO WHICH ONES TO PUT ON THE TOP OR BOTTOM OR WTF? I JUST CLICKED THEM ALL. LOL

WHEN I PULL OUT THE PIANO VIEW I NEVER HEAR THE KEYS WHEN I CLICK THEM...SO WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG WITH THE SOUND? DO I HAVE MIDI ON MY COMPUTER OR WHAT? LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!

22 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/06 19:11:08 (permalink)
    DJ - first of all, please don't use all caps - in forums it means you're YELLING.

secondly, we'll need to know a lot more about your setup. what computer/processor/ram/sound card (most important) and what other equipment do you have connected to it?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    DjSpindex10
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/07 12:27:28 (permalink)
    first off i rilly appreciate you offering the help i greatly appreciate it. 2ndly sorry about the whole caps thing this is my first time on a forum so bare with me. ummm ok keep in mind i dnt know too much about computers...i kno i have an emachines computer which has been restored numerous times (but computer functions fine). Not sure what kind of processor or sound card (im sorry, if theres anywhere i can check in my computer please let me know) but if it helps in any way im still able to download music without any problems. regarding equipment connections...negative...i dont have any connections of guitars or anything like that so theres a plus. lol all i want to do is make beats on the program itself. thanks.

write back.
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/07 13:13:10 (permalink)
    Ok, I'll make a lot of assumptions here and just move on.

First, go to OPTIONS>AUDIO>ADVANCED change the driver mode to MME, click OK
    a window will pop up telling you that it won't take affect until you close MC
    close MC
    open MC
    a window will pop up telling you that it needs to run the wave profiler - let it.
    when MC comes back up, go to OPTIONS>MIDI DEVICES
    for the OUTPUT, choose MS GS WAVETABLE SYNTH and click on the button to move it to the top
    click OK
    open TUTORIAL #1 and hit play.

see if that works for you.

Greek2Me
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 272
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/08 17:20:11 (permalink)
    Beagle, how the heck did you get so patient? You must have like 37 grandkids or something so NOTHING (note shouting...) bothers you. (LOL)

RMc
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/08 17:50:52 (permalink)
    LOL. No, no grandkids yet (that I'm aware of! although I guess I can't be certain with my oldest two boys!!!). I do loose my patience sometimes. I yelled at someone on the HS forum a couple of weeks ago.

I just have a heart for serving. That's probably why God is using me the way He is!

Greek2Me
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 272
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/09 12:17:35 (permalink)
    Maranatha, Beagle!

RMc

Ginoskein auton kai gnoridzo auton, touto ho skopos moi

To know Him, and to make Him known, this my goal.
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/09 15:53:02 (permalink)

CakeMaker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/09 19:15:19 (permalink)
    Beagle
    U are GREAT! I was reading this just the other day and was gonna say the very same thing to DJSpin. In fact, i was gonna link to that wonderful "newbie tutorial" that is still in this forum somewhere. But U are so patient and kind and timely that you took care of everything! Thank u for that.
    DJSpin: Listen, i know it seems hard initially- but we have all been where u are right now, and it's just a matter of trial & error and more importantly taking the time to read everything you possibly can and leaving NO stone unturned. This is digital audio and it is innately complex, as is anything -the first time you do it. Imagine how anyone would have stared at an ATM machine back in the 50's? Now, we think nothing of walkin up and using it... It's kinda like that.... Some time from now, hopefully you'll be back here helpin peeps w/other questions that seem simple to you later down the line...
    Best to all,
    Cake/Maker
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/09 20:01:20 (permalink)
    thank you, cake! I'm gettin' all teary-eyed!

SNIFF! SNORT!

DjSpindex10
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/11 19:55:43 (permalink)
    ok beagal i did everything u told me to do...your a genius...i am finally getting some sound lol i can finally listen to the sample clips. ok now the next problem is why cant i hear the piano when i pull out the piano roll? i tried playing a tune for a track and nothing...what do u think it could be?

and cakemaker im glad u know exactly what im going through. lol i bought this program after messing with my friends fruity loops program which was very simple for me to understand. then i bought this program thinking it was the same but i was dead wrong lol. if u can help me out too that would be awesome.
    DjSpindex10
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/11 20:15:26 (permalink)
    i take that back...the piano does sound but how do u get a beat to go every eighth count without having to do it by clicking?
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/12 11:13:08 (permalink)
    Are you just wanting a metronome? A click track?
    go to OPTIONS>PROJECT>METRONOME and check PLAYBACK - there are other Met settings you can make there, too.

DjSpindex10
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/13 16:13:56 (permalink)
    ok ill try that now....

BlueNose
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/17 12:49:55 (permalink)
    I want to thank Beagle for his help. I spent countless hours trying to figure out how to get my MIDI card recognized by MC3. Until I followed Beagle's directions in his 9/13 post I was totally lost and frustrated. Now MC works and I can get started. THANKS BIG TIME!
    (And I do mean to shout!)
    BTW, I struggled with Buzz for a while and got lost. Documentation is poor, can't figure out how to change tempo, etc. Finally broke down and bought MC, and hoping for the best.
    BlueNose
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/17 14:07:58 (permalink)
    YOU'RE WELCOME!

Glad you got it working!

Lady Lorien
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/17 15:54:24 (permalink)
    Sir Beagle,

I have a simliar problem as the illustrious DJ; I did follow your adivce, but to no avail. The tutorial voices do work, but not the music I create, nor the sample pieces. I have a sony 2006 desktop Vaio, with Legacy sound card.

The one thing that does not match the Dj's situation is that when I start up my Music Creator program, a small window pops up saying: "Audio Driver Error - the following driver(s) either do not do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application." Then it gives me a choice to disable or use anyway. I have tried both but neither option seem to work.

My audio drivers are the problem I know, but how do I fix this so Cakewalk will work? In my control panel, the system hardware manager insists (and, rather rudley at that) that the drivers are in perfect operative order.

My goal in using this software is not to attached musical devices to the PC and create music, but to use the virtual instruments already on the software to do so, as well as importing voice MP3's of speeches currently on my hard-drive.

I can get the voice Mp3s imported and showing , but I cannot play them back. I am grateful for any assistance.

Thank you,

Lady Lorien
    post edited by Lady Lorien - 2006/09/17 16:09:27

Wind lift leaf; branch bow, reel and sway; o, keep mine eye entranced.... a-watching I will stay.
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/17 16:29:05 (permalink)
    Lady Lorien:
    Here are some links that should help you. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try to help further:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/kb2003174.asp
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=726121

Lady Lorien
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/17 23:14:42 (permalink)
    Beagle,

I am not seeing the error message, since taking the advice from the links you gave, but there is still no sound when it comes to playback of the music I create. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Lady Lorien
    post edited by Lady Lorien - 2006/09/17 23:28:28

Wind lift leaf; branch bow, reel and sway; o, keep mine eye entranced.... a-watching I will stay.
    Beagle
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/18 08:25:45 (permalink)
    Lady, you'll need to give me more detail on exactly what you're doing, what are you trying to play? Audio files? midi files? are you recording these, then trying to play them, or are you importing them? can you hear the tutorials?

syntheticklust
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/18 12:12:48 (permalink)
    Ive been having a sound problem too. I have a nutrend computer but im not sure what sound driver is installed on it. I dont get any error messages or anything. None of the samples or anything that I write will play back. Ive tried everything that was listed here in this post and nothing seems to be working. Any help would be great
    Lady Lorien
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/18 16:38:01 (permalink)
    Beagle,

As I mentioned, I can hear the tutorials, and the music associated with the tutorials, but when I create a new piece, including importing a mp3 of a speech (human voice speaking words) into the piece, I cannot play it back, nor can I play back a simple midi piece composed using piano roll mode. ( I gathered from the manual that you are supposed to be able to hear the notes as you strike them, and I cannot.)

I am trying to import mp3s of speeches and add music to them on a separate track; the upload of the mp3 was successful, I can see the speech on the track 1 and see the inflection of the voice, etc, but it will not play back, nor will any other pieces I create.

But yes, I can hear the tutorials just fine. And the startup warning no longer pops up.

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.
    post edited by Lady Lorien - 2006/09/18 16:53:27

57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: PLEASE EVERYONE BEGINNER NEEDING ASSISTANCE!!! 2006/09/18 22:01:37 (permalink)
    On each track, whether it's AUDIO or MIDI, you must select the inputs, outputs, and if it's MIDI, what channel and patch you want to use. Expand an AUDIO track you've already recorded; you'll see some abbreviations which shouldn't be too hard to understand. What is listed for 'out'? It should be the name of your sound card. If it reads 'none', click the down arrow and see if anything is listed. If there is, click it, and see if it will make noise. Greg

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1