USB mic stopped working

Author
entryname
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2006/09/16 13:46:07 (permalink)

USB mic stopped working

Haven't posted for a while so hi everybody :-)

have weird problem here. Running Music Creator 2 on WinXP SP2. Have been using Samson C01U USB mic. I know, I know, USB mics are bad news - have read
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=840324&mpage=1&key=mic󍢔
(sorry thats not a link but link button didn't work)

For several weeks, few problems. Admittedly the signal was a bit faint but it was good enuf that it stood being bumped up a bit.

Did have the problem someone else posted about, once - MC2 pretends to record but no actual recording in the audio segment. Got round it by saving the song as a MIDI file, closing the song project file, opening the MIDI file instead and then converting it back into a project.

However one sunny day - almost no signal from mic. Did try installing samson software preamp at which point cakewalk ceased to be able to see the mic at all. Yes, I did try uninstalling, and got the signal back by a windows system restore. The free program Audacity can now record the USB mic (when told to use it as the recording input), but MC2 can't see it. Yes, I did try deleting most of AUD.INI, and yes it is set for MME, but at the moment I'm left with the workround of saving the backing as a wave file, opening the wave file with audacity, recording the vocal there, then saving THAT as a wave file and reimporting it into MC2. Haven't tried it, but it should work.

Somebody suggested uninstalling MC2 and then reinstalling it. Is that the best way to go? Any other ideas?

It can't be any fundamental compatibility problem as it was working before?? its all a bit baffling???

1 Reply Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: USB mic stopped working 2006/09/16 23:29:23 (permalink)
    Yes, I did try deleting most of AUD.INI, and yes it is set for MME,
    You shouldn't delete MOST of the AUD.ini file - delete the entire file and MC will recreate it, if you've opened it and deleted parts of it, I don't know how MC will handle that.

If you have MC set to MME (and/or ALWAYS use MME), that's the only advice I can offer. I know people get them to work in other software programs just fine, but for some reason MC doesn't like them.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1