Help "Ch Ch.....Thiny Thin Thin"

Author
Tonytc9
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 182
2006/09/16 15:59:55 (permalink)

Help "Ch Ch.....Thiny Thin Thin"

Well now I got what I need to mix down my material. I come to find out that my tracks are too much of "In your face" sound and sounds really "thin" compared to the smooth instrument beat (I do hip-hop....I just record vocals after purchase lol) I have tried the Waves C4 plug-in with the new JBL LSR4326P Studio Monitor Pak and I think those two bad boys are freaking good........but I am not hearing my resultes I need. I gotta work my techniques but I need some help really bad.....gettin migrans all day long. I have worked around the 5000Hz area to come down the Sssss and hopefully the Chsss but doesn;t help at all. I just don't want my vocals to sound too thin to make it obvious that I EQ'ed the vocals to sound clear on a warm sounding beat. I just need a feel of my vocals into the beat itself.........warm a smooth.........not too sufficating....not to bright/thin........like melting ice cream lol. Please help.........I gotta work this problem out.......just got these new montiors and I want to make a mixdown before this saturday (lol.........next saturday.....not THIS ONE) with this mixdown I am doing but the Chhhsss are gettin in the way plus its too thin or basically IN YO FACE lol. Need help.........thanks
post edited by Tonytc9 - 2006/09/16 16:14:47

Ca$h..............upcoming artist........please support this solo movement. Visit: CASHMUSIC.NET

New mixes.........need opinions "quality based"

2 Replies Related Threads

Kicker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 477
    RE: Help "Ch Ch.....Thiny Thin Thin" 2006/09/18 03:36:02 (permalink)
    First, you have to make sure that the dry recording is not essing. If it is, try a different microphone/preamp/outboard EQ combination or a different vocal technique until there is no essing. Those esses will momentarily mask the rest of the vocals and leave nothing else to work with.

Once the dry recording is square, try the "Motown vocals" technique to make the vocals stand out while retaining the warmth:

Clone the vocal track and boost the heck out of 2.5Khz with a fairly narrow bandwidth. Cut everything else. Compress the heck out of it after the EQ. Now on the original track, EQ it to be warm without worrying about the articulation. Bring up the warm vocals until there is a nice even balance with the rest of the instrumentation. Now bring up the cloned, EQ'd, and compressed vocal track until the lyrics become clear.
    Tonytc9
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 182
    RE: Help "Ch Ch.....Thiny Thin Thin" 2006/09/18 07:25:53 (permalink)
    Sounds pretty sweet. But what order does plug-in real-time effects go in (down to top, or top to bottom?? I will give you a link to my track and I want you to tell me if I got a Ssss Thinny Thin problem. I will try this technqie if otherwise my mixdown suck lol.

Here is the link (its also my signature):

www.tagworld.com/susmusic

Ca$h..............upcoming artist........please support this solo movement. Visit: CASHMUSIC.NET

New mixes.........need opinions "quality based"
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1