Glitches in Z3TA with envelopes

Author
Mont
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2006/09/30 15:01:06 (permalink)

Glitches in Z3TA with envelopes

Hi there,

I've just got Z3TA and first of all can I say that I'm really impressed so far !

However I'm having a few problems in Sonar 5 PE with audible glitches when I insert a track envelope (filter 1 cutoff). I don't get any glitches if I move the sliders on the interface manually during playback/recording, but as soon as I change the filter cutoff with an envelope it crackles & pops like crazy. I've tried changing my latency setting but it's made no difference, I also don't have this problem with any of my other soft synths (Tera, Cube, Wusik, Firebird).

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mont

1 Reply Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Glitches in Z3TA with envelopes 2006/09/30 17:56:23 (permalink)
    audible glitches when I insert a track envelope (filter 1 cutoff).
    Boy-oh-boy, you're not kidding, Mont. Visible, too. Look at that sucker jump! Actually, it'd be a cool effect if that was what you were after. The Cutoff slider appears to drop to zero between automation values, and wobble between that and the current value. VSTi version, right? I never noticed this before, but I usually don't automate the Cutoff directly like this.

The easy way out (without diving into the Modulation Matrix or something) is to reassign your automation curve to a MIDI message. Let's say Mod Wheel (CC#1) for argument's sake. Then right-click on the Filter slider, and select MIDI Learn. Hit Play on your host application, and the new automation curve source (CC#1) will be detected. Much smoother. And right-click again later on to MIDI Forget the message if you want, as this will remain in effect through multiple sessions.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1