Trance Kick samples?

Author
DRUM JUNKIE
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 47
2006/10/03 22:59:31 (permalink)

Trance Kick samples?

Hey does any1 know where I can get some solid 4 on the floor trance like kick drum loops, it seems that all the loops I find are fully developed, I'm just looking for simple kick loops around 135 -145 in bpm, or does any1 know any good programs that produce thick drum sounds, I'm low in cash so I'm not really looking for Tiesto's new drum station lol
post edited by DRUM JUNKIE - 2006/10/03 23:14:22

15 Replies Related Threads

rbowser
    Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6518
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/04 15:38:28 (permalink)
    Well, if you're using a Cakewalk program, and I assume you are, just record a totally quantized 4 to a bar pattern with any kick sample, like those in the soft-synths that come with Cakewalk, then mash the bageez out of it with whatever effects you want. I'm sure you can come up with something cool you'd like--and recording the pattern itself is a 1 minute project.

Randy
    rbowser

Sonar X3e Studio
    Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
    8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    with dual monitors
    DRUM JUNKIE
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/04 16:21:40 (permalink)
    Hey you are all over these forums lol once again I need a little help, I used the Edirol VSC and Dreamstation for straight 4 on the floor kicks and the sound is good but everytime it repeats to the next measure there is a click and pause before the 1st beat of the next bar. I tried using the slip-edit technique to cut the tail off the 4th beat before the next measure but the problem persists, I'm gonna keep working at it because I'm trying to create my own sounds as opposed to tweaking those of others, but I wanna make a track!!!!! lol
    rbowser
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/04 16:43:57 (permalink)
    hehe, yeah I Do tend to be more all over the Forums these days. Interesting stuff everywhere.

OK, good deal that you're trying your hand at coming up with your own patterns. Slip editing doesn't permanently change the clip, it just tells the program how much of a clip you want to have play. When you go to stretch it out for looping, the section that you covered with the slip editing is still there.

Sounds like the pattern you recorded isn't at the exactly length it needs to be. Now you need to go in there and actually permanently delete the extra bit which is making it longer than just one measure. With the grid on, determine the ending of the measure--delete the extra stuff. Then try looping it again.

Randy
    rbowser

Sonar X3e Studio
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    with dual monitors
    DRUM JUNKIE
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/05 19:31:50 (permalink)
    Whats up Randy, I tried what you said about cleaning up the end of my measure that way the loop runs smooth, well I have good news and bad news lol, the bad new is, I cut it up so that it should run smoothly and when I loop it, it doesnt follow suit I still have a pause before the next measure although it is straight 4 quarter note beats, however if I don't loop the audio and just drag and drop it, it runs smoothly, so I'm thinking that maybe it goes back to our original issue with converting MIDI to audio and the tempo issues
    rbowser
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/05 20:11:21 (permalink)
    Oh man! Really? What is going on with all that looping hassle anyway? As you can see from the thread on the other board, there are some mysterious things that at least those of us participating on the thread can't figure out.

Well, good ol cut and paste is all I do. There are still many advantages to it--being able to drop small or large sections wherever you want. So easy to paste 5,000 copies of the same clip if you want--you just tell the C&P dialogue what you want to do. Maybe looping is just over-rated? Well--it's popular because when it works, people can make Loud Music really fast and easy that way.

Good luck with it all.

Randy
    rbowser

Sonar X3e Studio
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    with dual monitors
    DRUM JUNKIE
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/05 20:15:47 (permalink)
    Yea, I agree looping can be avoided, copying and pasting is just as effective, even more sometimes, so, it's just me being curious and looking for something to explore anyway lol
    rbowser
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/06 12:56:16 (permalink)
    Hello again, Drum Junkie

I'm back to say that maybe a new thread should be started--"CALLING ALL LOOPERS!"---Because my curiosity got me going again this morning. I wanted to look into this problem you reported of your loop still having a gap at the head of the repeats.

Same thing happened to me after I recorded a two bar kick-snare pattern. BUT I fixed it--Seems odd though. There the pattern was, bounced audio of the MIDI drums--and it looked like the correct length. BUt I could see in the Loop Construction window that there was a blank section after the notes, equally as long as the recorded part. Obviously if I tried to loop that, there would be a gap of silence before each repetition.

I turned off slices so it was a regular audio clip again. And NOw this extra tail of silence was visible on the clip in the track view--?!--It wasn't there before. But fine, I selected that tail of silence and deleted it.

When I returned to the Loop Construction window, turned Enable Looping back on--THEN I could drag the clip and it would have the pattern repeated without gaps. Whew!--What a hassle.

BUT--and this is why I still think I may try starting another topic thread---You know this whole thing of how the Beats in Clip changes the "original BPM"---TOday, with this test clip--There was NO setting that would get the BPM to settle in to the project's real tempo of 150. It would go to 145 and some fraction, or 154 and some fraction.

Results--unable to synch the clip up with the project.

I take back what I said yesterday when I thought I'd solved the problem of getting the original BPM to be right with these loops.

I don't get it. I understand people are making this all work for them, but you, Beagle and I sure aren't making it work. Nutty!

Randy
    rbowser

Sonar X3e Studio
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    with dual monitors
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/06 13:32:09 (permalink)
    I agree with Rbowser.
    If you don't have time or tempo changes in your project, just copy/paste. Or CTRL-Drag the clips.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    DRUM JUNKIE
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/07 09:51:24 (permalink)
    Hey, Randy we are definitely running into these looping problems like no one else lol, I can make my 4 beat kick pattern work by dragging and dropping with no silence before the next measure but it just consumes tons of time, which is why your idea of a staright up looping forum topic is a good idea, we will figure this out lol
    rbowser
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/07 13:45:23 (permalink)
    "...If you don't have time or tempo changes in your project, just copy/paste. Or CTRL-Drag the clips..."---But if you're still in the realm of MIDI with your project, pasting a selection into a section of the song with a different tempo will work--The clip just plays at that new tempo. And of course if the destination area is in a new key--just transpose the pasted clip. C&P is a major arranging tool, still much more flexible than this Looping stuff.

Randy
    rbowser

Sonar X3e Studio
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    with dual monitors
    vexx
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/08 20:48:12 (permalink)
    You'll find some great sample packs here from established U.K Hard Dance artists to download for free. If you can't make a decent track from these then well...might as well give up

Free samples to download

There's also the latest one over on the production page as well that's worth checking out too

DRUM JUNKIE
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/10 20:51:33 (permalink)
    Hey thanks for that link Vexx, there were plenty of good samples over there on banging tunes.com, greak kicks
    vexx
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/11 06:39:49 (permalink)
    Yeah they come in handy. It's worth keep checking as they do those packs fairly regular too.

The guys on there are really helpful if you're into dance music, lots of established artists go on there & it's a good crowd.
    kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/11 07:40:22 (permalink)
    DRUM JUNKIE,
    This site has some good tips on setting up drums for Trace Music,
    this link is about getting a great bass drum sound , they also have some good tutorials and lessons.
    http://muz.logler.com/content/view/47/30/
    Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

DRUM JUNKIE
    RE: Trance Kick samples? 2006/10/11 22:35:21 (permalink)
    Hey thanks for that link Kenny, there are some good guidelines on there for getting that "perfect" kick lol its' really an art applying eq and tweaking instruments to get that signature sound, I must of read a thousand articles but I know I have got at least a thousand more lol
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1