Z3TA for Mac OSX?

Author
vexx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2006/10/06 19:27:10 (permalink)

Z3TA for Mac OSX?

Are there any plans to port this to OSX?

I'd be extremely interested in buying this, as I'm sure many others are. Is there a possibility of this happening what with the recent OSX versions of Rapture & Dimension Pro?

Is Rapture an updated version of Rapture or a completely new type of synth?

Many thanks

17 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/06 20:26:37 (permalink)
    1st, I don't imagine it will be ported, but that is certainly not my call.

Do you mean is Rapture an Z3TA update? Rapture isn't a Z3TA plus, but there share some elements (pun intended). Some of the Rapture waves are called zeta, and you can do some similiar sounds. Rapture is easier to program and just as flexible, tho Z3Ta will do a few things Rapture doesn't (and visa versa).

But for mac I think Rapt is probably your best choice.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/06 21:01:33 (permalink)
    Yeah not sure what happened there, Rapture a new version of Rature LOL

Yep I did actually mean Z3TA. That would be a real shame if they didn't consider to release an OSX version of Z3TA. I'm sure the Mac community would support it better than the PC users in terms of dodgy copies floating around. Must be something silly like only 20% of them buying plugins these days compared to the crack user majority..crazy & very very sad. I know I'd put my money down straight away for a pre-order on it if they wanted to get numbers of who's interested first.

Does Rapture use the same filters as Z3TA, they were actually very good from the demos I heard? & the waveforms themselves are extremely good quality & solid. If it's very close sound wise then I'd be interested in Rapture but, I must admit I do prefer the GUI on Z3TA. Hey, if it sounds as good then I'm in.

Thanks in advance
    mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/06 23:45:20 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: vexx

[I'm sure the Mac community would support it better than the PC users in terms of dodgy copies floating around. Must be something silly like only 20% of them buying plugins these days compared to the crack user majority..crazy & very very sad.

Cite or retract please.
    vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/07 12:57:28 (permalink)
    Sorry? I'm afraid you're delusional if you don't think the amount of piracy use is affecting companies like this. Windows being the prime platform of cracked software on offer & unfortunately the bulk are using them. Being active on various music production forums, the amount of users who have openly admitted to using the cracked version of Z3TA alone is quite scary. One forum in particular I'd say that only 1 of the regular members has actually bought an original copy.

Back on topic

So, Rapture would be a good equivalent to Z3TA on the Mac platform then?

Is there a list of waveforms used anywhere?
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/07 16:58:38 (permalink)
    And here I thought mac users were more - I don't know, reponsible.

Rapture is a better synth, in my opinion and can do most of what Z3TA does. It doesn't have the arp collection - it has step sequences instead. But P5 will do arps, along with a lot of other hosts.

I think there is a list of waveforms somewhere - others were asking about waveform updates and presets.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/07 18:59:16 (permalink)
    Well if you mean more responsible in the sense of not using cracked software & actually supporting the developers then, Yes

I downloaded the demo & am very impressed with it so far (apart from the annoying audio fade outs haha). I was given some raw waveforms from the Z3TA a while back & compared some with those in Rapture. One in particular "Square Octaved 2" on Rapture does sound a bit more toppy compared to the Z3TA, or is this not meant to be the same? I'm under the impression you can load user waves into Rapture, so I guess I could put those Z3TA one's in if I wanted to.

Not worried about the Arps, more interested in the basic stuff like waves & filters. Z3TA had an excellent reputation with those so, as long as it does equally as good then I think I'll be making the purchase.

The GUI is a little bit of a dissapointment as I think parts should stand out more. Would be better with the knobs being maybe a lighter colour such as silver perhaps & less shadowed areas on the whole facia. I know that sounds picky but, it's looks very samey & the lit up buttons although do stand out seem a bit C64'ish Only my opinion of course but, on first impressions when I see screen shots of things like Z3TA as a comparison it doesn't seem as sharp.

A couple of things that would be nice to add as an option is a way of linking filters or the envelopes so that you can adjust one & all follow. Also the decimator & bit reduction processing would be cool added to Master FX as options.

Seems one of the better softsynths around so I can't be too negative. Just would be good to see something go from good to fantastic

vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/07 19:10:59 (permalink)
    Actually, I'm kind of slowly warming to the GUI but, it would be nice to see it just a bit more sharper.
    bnmoore
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/08 02:36:58 (permalink)

Sorry? I'm afraid you're delusional if you don't think the amount of piracy use is affecting companies like this. Windows being the prime platform of cracked software on offer & unfortunately the bulk are using them. Being active on various music production forums, the amount of users who have openly admitted to using the cracked version of Z3TA alone is quite scary. One forum in particular I'd say that only 1 of the regular members has actually bought an original copy.

This is disinformation. z3ta+ doesn't need a crack. Prior to the acquisition of rgc:audio by Cakewalk there was no copy protection for z3ta+. It's still version 1.4.x. It may have a serial number and regode requirement now in it's current distribution.

It only takes one unscrupulous person to upload a file. (Any format) It could have been a Mac user.

Ben N. Moore
    vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/08 10:03:57 (permalink)
    Disinformation?!? You're kidding me, or very naieve about that side of things.

Cracked software is killing the industry, most if this is on the PC side of the fence that sales are lost.
    bnmoore
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/08 11:03:43 (permalink)

Disinformation?!? You're kidding me, or very naieve about that side of things.

Cracked software is killing the industry, most if this is on the PC side of the fence that sales are lost.

The disinformation is that z3ta+ was cracked. It never needed to be. If someone posted that they were running a cracked version that in itself would be suspect.

Buccaneers won't pay for software. The platform is irrelevant. Piracy doesn't equal lost sales if they would never be made. Many people download everything they see whether they would ever use it or not.

The industry is not dying. If it were there would be zero developers and that hasn't happened. No one would be working on the UB's or 64bit versions.

Ben N. Moore
    vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/08 13:01:16 (permalink)
    Of course it equals less sales

I'm sure there's a percentage that would actually purchase if the availability of illegal sharing was quashed. Take away the option & if the product is strong enough then you'd have no option but to make the purchase if you really want it.

vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/08 13:58:37 (permalink)
    bah anyway, I'd be just interested if these guys could or will port Z3TA at some point over to OSX. If Rapture is the closest to it then I'll be happy to buy it.

inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/09 12:11:57 (permalink)
    Removed... I don't want to be part of this thread.
    post edited by inmazevo - 2006/10/11 14:43:35
    vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/10 03:24:20 (permalink)
    Incase you decide to reply as you did before. Yes, maybe Z3TA doesn't need to be cracked, well that makes the job of filesharing all the easier.

FILESHARING is a problem O.K
    puffer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 836
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/10 18:53:59 (permalink)
    Wow, and here I thought the instruments thread was all nice and friendly. Slap fight! Slap fight!

For the record, in the past Rene has stated that it is unlikely z3ta+ would be ported because he tricked out the code so much to get it to work as powerfully as it does. But, ultimately, who knows what he has up his sleeve.

digitallofi.bandcamp.com
    vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/11 04:32:09 (permalink)
    Thanks Puffer.

That's a shame if that's true about the coding being complex. Would be nice if it could be. I get the impression Z3TA is the one softsynth a lot of Mac users feel they're missing out on. Maybe Cakewalk could open a register for people to put their name down so that they could get some figures together. It may be small potatoes & so not worth it at all but, you never know. Just a thought.

vexx
    RE: Z3TA for Mac OSX? 2006/10/11 11:05:25 (permalink)
    As a form of light refreshment from the entanglement caused within this thread by myself & Benjamin please enjoy a slice of English studio humour

http://www.xiosynth.com/

Check out the guys website too, some funny stuff in the video tutorials

http://www.museumoftechno.org/
    post edited by vexx - 2006/10/11 11:34:23
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1