Using computer keyboard as accordion simulator

Author
winslowyerxa
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/10/30 14:02:49 (permalink)

Using computer keyboard as accordion simulator

This may sound like a weird application, but I'd like to evaluate a variety of accordion note/key layouts for button accordion - the kind that uses one or more vertical rows of buttons as opposed to a piano keyboard.

Short of paying several hundred dollars just to try out any particular accordion note layout (rental is not an option), I'd like to stand one or more computer keyboards up vertically to simulate the playing position of an accordion button console and map the rows of keyboard keys to the various note layouts used on different accordions. The keyboard keys are about the same size and relative placement as accordion keys. Close enough, anyway, for my application.

What I need to know are how to remap the keyboard to any given note layout and how to get Sonar to accept this as an input device - I'm assuming as a MIDI keyboard, though I'm not sure.

I'm also thinking of using two keyboards simultaneously - for right and left hands, with one mapped to regular key values and the other one to CAPS LOCK so as to map to a different set of pitches.

I know this sounds outlandish, but I'm serious.

Can anyone offer insight on how to accomplish this?

I'm presently running Sonar 5 Producer Editionunder Windows XP SP2.

Thanks.

Winslow

1 Reply Related Threads

beatrack
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: Using computer keyboard as accordion simulator 2006/10/30 21:03:03 (permalink)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1