Dimension Pro - Samples not found

Author
Thomas Weiss
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 29
2006/11/02 17:58:29 (permalink)

Dimension Pro - Samples not found

Hello,

the last 3 days i have to audition the patches of my new Dimension Pro (1.10) - on more than 15 patches (many in the garritan folder) the txt editior opens and i got the message that samples are not found...

Any idea ?

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

Thanks
Thomas Weiss

5 Replies Related Threads

Thomas Weiss
    RE: Dimension Pro - Samples not found 2006/11/03 11:15:11 (permalink)

Hi Thomas,

Were these programs working originally? Or have they always been showing the missing mutlisample errors?

Have you installed the Dimension Pro 1.2 update?

Chad

Hi Chad and many thanks for the quickly answer

yes - they always been showing the missing multisamples errors (but from patch to patch different samples where missing)

Today i´ve look to the folder size and i see the folder has a size of +/- 6.6 GB - hmmm, thats wrong...or ? (i think normaly 8 GB)

For a few minutes i also have installed the 1.2 Update and the Xpack 1 - but don´t tested again still now ! Now i´m really confused, because i don´t know if it was a good idea (regarding the "wrong" multisamples folder size) to install the update - is there a reason to install again only the multisamples from DVD ?

What reason do you prefer now ?

Thanks
    Thomas Weiss
    Thomas Weiss
    RE: Dimension Pro - Samples not found 2006/11/03 11:55:32 (permalink)
    Hello Chad

- oh no...but ok

A few questions - uninstall from System->Software or by "uninstall" in the Cakewalk folder ? (Xpack too)

Or, first backup my system before i installed the Update and then uninstalled the Dimension Pro (same question above - how ?)

Thanks again
    Thomas
    Thomas Weiss
    RE: Dimension Pro - Samples not found 2006/11/03 12:03:00 (permalink)
    ...sorry, one point i forgot to ask...maybee anything important to delete in the registry too ?
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Dimension Pro - Samples not found 2006/11/04 08:37:03 (permalink)
    Uninstaller will take care of all registry entries for you.

-René
    j boy
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2729
    RE: Dimension Pro - Samples not found 2006/12/30 13:43:26 (permalink)
    I, too, just ordered the two-fer deal and installed P5 2 and Dim Pro a few days ago. I think perhaps my experience might be helpful to you. I used Partition Commander to create a dedicated partition on my external hard drive, a drive which also houses a partition dedicated to BFD samples and another partititon for general back-up. I decided to size the DP partition at 10 GB since the documentation indicated 8 GB was required. Leave a little for headroom, and all...

The installation seemd to be successful, however, I ran into the problem where the GPO patches weren't there ("multisamples not found"). I decided to go ahead and install the upgrades and deal with this later. Installed the 1.2 upgrade. Then, when trying to install the XP1 expansion pack, I got an error message saying there was not enough disk space, and so I had to abort.

Looking at my disk in Windows showed that all 10 GB were filled up (?). I then re-sized the partition to 12.5 GB, using Partition Commander. Un-installed, re-installed, and now all of the samples installed to the partition. The GPO set is one of the last to copy over, so that's a tip-off I think.

Bottom line, you need to allocate more than 8 GB for multisamples. And the installer won't tell you that you've not copied over all of the files...
    post edited by j boy - 2006/12/30 14:03:02
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1