TO all lynx two users

Author
voyuers
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 207
2006/11/03 01:26:43 (permalink)

TO all lynx two users

Do any of you use a digital mixer with lynx through adat. is it worth it becasue of the dsp processing. of the mixer i don't think lynx could summin. My old Roland board which i have its summing is great. but can the lynx do that?

3 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: TO all lynx two users 2006/11/03 10:39:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: voyuers

Do any of you use a digital mixer with lynx through adat. is it worth it becasue of the dsp processing. of the mixer i don't think lynx could summin. My old Roland board which i have its summing is great. but can the lynx do that?

The Lynx mixer is just levels, there is no other DSP processing. I think you can do some resample on the fly but I have never tried it. The Lynx mixer is there for monitoring I don't think it's intended for summing but it would be worth a try, it should have better sound then the Roland. Keep in mind there are only 16 channels total for now till they update the software mixer. Do you have the ADAT expansion card ?
    voyuers
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 207
    RE: TO all lynx two users 2006/11/03 15:29:27 (permalink)
    Ohhy my man i have to say the lynx sounds amazing is the only word i can say for the sound. JUSt got tired of having to many problems with Roland vmc200 mixer.
    Seems that i found how to do it and it does sound cleaner then sonars export but i have to say i still love roland summing but converters there not worth it it does sound bigger when using the lynx clock. But i think maby that is noise.

To do this summing is using Lstream to 8 outs. THrough 9 to 16 on the out puts i think not sure. And from the outs to
    a loopback.

It only can handle to listan to 8 outs. PAul said soon there will be 16. In about a month. Other then that my midi is a a little drifting and my lynx when i record is a little of on asio how to fix the lantency, says 192 in Sonar 6
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: TO all lynx two users 2006/11/03 15:50:02 (permalink)
    I would suggest you mix by export. Using a summing device would require you have the hardware to repeat the mix. The idea of a DAW is to be able to fully automate the mix so it's repeatable in the future. If you want a different sound fix the mix, don't expect a sum device to fix it for you. Or fix it in mastering.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1