Vocal mixing

Author
Artattack
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/11/21 02:27:52 (permalink)

Vocal mixing

Hey, I'm new to this forum. I have used Guitar Tracks and Guitar Tracks Pro for many years now. I'm very happy with the results on my guitar and bass tracks and I use Pro Drum Works and am also very happy with the results of my drum tracks. The problem I'm having is in my vocal tracks. I have been a vocalist for many years and have done live and studio work in several bands and projects. I am a good singer with the ablity to double track almost perfectly. At this time I am not happy with the quality of my vocal tracks. They do not feel warm and when I try to use the standard effects that come with Guitar tracks Pro they seem distant and to effected. I currently use an Audix OM-2 mic through the pre-amp section of my Line 6 amp and then double track. I'm getting a Bluetube pre-amp in a few days in hopes that I can warm up the sound. Does anyone have any words of wisdom in regards to add on effects for Guitar tracks Pro or anything else I might be able to do to get a warmer less effected sound in my vocal tracks?

1 Reply Related Threads

coxhb
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Vocal mixing 2006/12/03 23:51:02 (permalink)
    I was not pleased with my vocal quality at first. I needed a warmer sound. I bought a Blue Microphone "Snowball" USB microphone. There's no adapters. Just plug it into a USB port. It works great. It has two chambers one for omni directional and the other for unidirectional. Then there is a third switch position that's a blend of the two. Bought mine at Sweetwater.com. I was told by my Sweetwater rep that it is popular for professional voice-over work. I'm well pleased with the result.

I also spent a full day dialing in a reverb setting that worked for my voice. None of the standard settings worked for me.

That's what worked for me.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1